Home
Didn't want to hijack the "soy sauce" thread.

I like Thai food ( particularly "spicey basil leaves" and "drunken noodle"). I am researching what ingredients are used in Thai cooking, I came across several references about "Golden Mountain seasoning sauce." It is a fermented soy sauce, and according to many reports, it appears it is a staple in Thai cooking.

Anyone specializing in Thai cooking willing to chime in about "Golden Mountain seasoning sauce"? Is it really a Thai food basic building block for getting authentic seasoning?

We grow Thai basil leaves in our herb garden for that flavor. Seeking input from accomplished Thai food cookers if Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce is a key Thai food ingredient Thanks
Fish sauce and a good one is one of THE staples of Thai cuisine.
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Fish sauce and a good one is one of THE staples of Thai cuisine.

This is the best advice your going to get on cooking great Thai food. It smells like chit in the bottle but once you relax and learn to use it, everything changes.
No answer to your question, but this is my standby order at our local Thai place.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/crying-tiger-salad

This link is just the first one that came up in the search, everybody has a different spin on it thoug, I have been making it at home with deer meat, like it.
© 24hourcampfire