Home
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Shrimp recipes - 08/12/22
What’s your favorite?

I just char grilled some bacon wrapped
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
I like shrimp broiled in a garlic, wine and butter sauce. I managed and owned seafood restaurants for years, and that was always my favorite
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Salt pepper and garlic on a flat top.
Posted By: teamprairiedog Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Shrimp 'n grits
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Nothing left out here…

Posted By: ingwe Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Shrimp skewered like Kabob, with thick teriyaki basting sauce and a dash of tabasco...grilled, of course.
Posted By: EdM Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I like shrimp broiled in a garlic, wine and butter sauce. I managed and owned seafood restaurants for years, and that was always my favorite

This with fresh lemon juice.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Pink jumbo gulf shrimp. I eat em 100 different ways. Probably one of my favorite ways is just a simple peel and eat recipe with beer and old bay served with cocktail sauce. I got about ten left in a bag in the freezer. I was planning to fry them up with some onion rings and oysters in a cornmeal breading tomorrow for lunch. Time to resupply.
Posted By: Simplepeddler Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
Boiled is always my favorite………but smothered with okra and tomatoes is a strong second!
Posted By: ronc Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22

How bout a recipe, sounds great.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/13/22
I could founder on simple shrimp cocktail.

Recipe - thaw shrimp, keep chilled, little lemon, cocktail sauce if desired.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/14/22
Sautéed with butter/wine/garlic

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dry white wine or broth
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
⅓ cup chopped parsley
Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon

In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty bread.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Pink hoppers local to here (Panacea or Carrabelle, FL) are about the best normal shrimp I've found. Royal reds are outstanding too - they have a very distinctive flavor. They're a deep water shrimp that has to be frozen as soon as caught whereas most of the rest of the gulf shrimp are shallow(ish) water and iced.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/14/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You'll eat anything you fat piece of [bleep].
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/14/22
Shrimp Boiled in Butter...

Start by adding (in a covered pot)
2 sticks of butter
Garlic cloves to suit your taste... I use a lot... whole is my preference, but crushed or chopped works fine
1 or more sweet onions cut in quarters
Bay leaf, 2 or 3
Old Bay Seafood Seasoning

Bring to almost boiling on medium heat before adding about 3 pounds of large shrimp in the shell, headed. Turn to high until back to temperature. Turn off the heat and let the shrimp sit in the butter and rest for 5 minutes or so.

French bread rounds to sop up the butter and lots of napkins...

Left-over melted butter makes a great starter for all sorts of soups and chowders.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/14/22
Originally Posted by tylerw02

Awwwww.....you got a crush on me dont ya??
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/14/22
Big Jim gots an admirer.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/15/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Shrimp Boiled in Butter...

Start by adding (in a covered pot)
2 sticks of butter
Garlic cloves to suit your taste... I use a lot... whole is my preference, but crushed or chopped works fine
1 or more sweet onions cut in quarters
Bay leaf, 2 or 3
Old Bay Seafood Seasoning

Bring to almost boiling on medium heat before adding about 3 pounds of large shrimp in the shell, headed. Turn to high until back to temperature. Turn off the heat and let the shrimp sit in the butter and rest for 5 minutes or so.

French bread rounds to sop up the butter and lots of napkins...

Left-over melted butter makes a great starter for all sorts of soups and chowders.
It don’t suck.
Posted By: pullit Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/15/22
I really like these

https://howtobbqright.com/2016/06/09/smoked-shrimp/
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/15/22
Killer !!

https://heygrillhey.com/bacon-wrapped-shrimp/

Posted By: Judman Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/15/22
Tough to mess up shrimp unless you over cook em, or overpower their delicate flavor. Hammering some cilantro/lime now.👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/16/22
Steamed with spice.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/16/22
I prefer to clean them and remove the shells, then heat some olive oil with minced garlic and smoked paprika. When the oil is hot and the garlic and paprika fragrant, add the shrimp and stir fry until almost cooked through. At that point, add about 1/2 cup of dry white wine (I usually use Pinot Grigio) and reduce. Serve with the sauce over rice.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/19/22
Walnut shrimp....
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/19/22
Shrimp BLT, one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.
Posted By: EdM Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/20/22
Originally Posted by EdM

This with fresh lemon juice.

Last nights dinner though a dumped a bit of Pinot Grigio in the mix. Wife was pleased.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/20/22
Originally Posted by Geno67
Sautéed with butter/wine/garlic

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dry white wine or broth
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
⅓ cup chopped parsley
Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon

In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty bread.

Pink hoppers local to here (Panacea or Carrabelle, FL) are about the best normal shrimp I've found. Royal reds are outstanding too - they have a very distinctive flavor. They're a deep water shrimp that has to be frozen as soon as caught whereas most of the rest of the gulf shrimp are shallow(ish) water and iced.
Nice. Been thinking about some scampi. Have a couple pounds of raw frozen peeled and deviened red shrimp to use.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/20/22
Either grilled on the bbq or sautéed in an azz ton of butter, splash of wash ya sister, SP&G, and a bit fresh herbs. Kinda N.O. BBQ style.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Grilled and butter wiped , spinkled with Dirty AL`S seasoning from Padre island,Texas on a wood spiel / stick
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Tag
Posted By: JonnyGumbo Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Cant beat good ole fried shrimp, by themselves or on a poboy…my other favorite way is the New Orleans BBQ style with fresh french bread slices to mop up the juice, will make you wanna slap your grandma!!!
Posted By: mathman Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
I do love a fried shrimp poboy. Or oyster. Or half and half. Gotta have a bottle of Louisiana style hot sauce to splash on there. It could be Crystal, Trappey's, Tabasco, Louisiana Gold, Louisiana Fish Fry brand.
Posted By: pal Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by Judman
Tough to mess up shrimp unless you over cook em, or overpower their delicate flavor...

This. You don't really even need a recipe.

I peel the de-veined shrimp, spread them in a skillet covered with melted butter. Add some sliced garlic, black pepper, tiny bit of paprika and crushed red pepper. a few shakes of parsley flakes. Don't saute too long before turning once. Just before serving add small amount of lemon or orange juice and enough grated Parmesan cheese to suit your taste. Cook more than you need for a meal and save the remainder for adding to other dishes or salads later in the week.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by tylerw02

Awwwww.....you got a crush on me dont ya??

She's feelin you up all the way from mum's basement, Jim.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
Shrimp & Baby Bok Choy

Sautee' with bok choy. Add red pepper flakes. Drizzle with Sriracha
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/21/22
looks awfully good Greg!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/22/22
Had these on the weekend & they were fabulous !!

Didn't have the korean chili paste, but subbed in Thai red chili paste.

https://www.marionskitchen.com/spicy-shrimp-scampi/

Sorry about the [bleep] photo, but they were bombdigity !

Pop 'em in you pie hole, suck the goodness off the shells, peal & devour.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/22/22
That looks clean & delicious Greg !!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/22/22
I like shrimp about any way imaginable. I much prefer salt water shrimp to fresh water shrimp and, whenever possible, still kicking in the sink when you're cleaning them. Recreational shrimp season opens next month, going to be very happy to get out there and get some.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/28/22
We do them in a skillet with butter and cheasapeake bay seasoning.
https://www.thespicehouse.com/products/chesapeake-bay-seafood-seasoning

They dont need much. This seasoning does a better job than oldbay on shrimp. A plate full of shrimp and a baked tater is hard to beat. I like to pour the shrmip seasoning and butter over a soft skinned tater and eat the whole thing. We usaully just microwave a tater. I hate tough skin on them
Posted By: ENorton Re: Shrimp recipes - 08/29/22
Shrimp cocktail is my favorite. Grandma bought them for us kids when we were young and been hooked since.
© 24hourcampfire