Home
Posted By: Judman Poke’ - 08/16/22
From the Koloa fish market, absolutely amazing!👊🏻 Tako on the left, spicy ahi on the right.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Judman Re: Poke’ - 08/16/22
Tako on top spicy ahi bottom
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Looks great Jud.

I've never been to kuahi but I ate my weight in tuna poke on the big island.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Remsen Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Mr. Jud, I swear to Allah that you eat like a king. If I ever give up my religious dietary restrictions I'm going to be asking for recipes.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Looks great Jud love some poke
Posted By: Judman Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by Dude270
Looks great Jud.

I've never been to kuahi but I ate my weight in tuna poke on the big island.

Enjoy!

Oh ya, It’s as good there, as here! 👊🏻
Originally Posted by Remsen
Mr. Jud, I swear to Allah that you eat like a king. If I ever give up my religious dietary restrictions I'm going to be asking for recipes.

Please tell me you eat bacon brother!!???
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Bout like eatin pussy brother, I’m could live in it😎👍
Originally Posted by Judman

Nope, never tasted it. Never have had a cheeseburger or meat pizza either. It's not fun being observant.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Hate when pics go all sideways!

I've only eaten Poké once and it was a whole buncha stuff all mixed together.

Is it traditionally just fish?
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by Higginez

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Higginez Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Poké that I've had was in a bowl kinda like a salad with a bunch of stuff mixed in with the sashimi.

Am I way off?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Only Poke I ever heard of eating was Pokeweed.

One of the first greens available in the spring here.
The plant is entirely poisonous, but less so when it's small.
You have to boil it 3 times in clean water before eating it.

Even so, it usually gave my the craps.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22

Nope, never tasted it. Never have had a cheeseburger or meat pizza either. It's not fun being observant.

A priest and a rabbi were chatting one day. The priest says “Tell the truth - have you ever eaten pork?”

The rabbi says “With G-d as my witness, I did once eat a ham sandwich.” Then he says to the priest “Now, you tell me - have you ever had sex?”

The priest says “I cannot lie. I have partaken in the pleasures of the flesh once.”

And the rabbi says “Beats the hell out of a ham sandwich, doesn’t it?”
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Uber Jud !!
Posted By: Steve Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22

Is the Poke' kosher if it is made from fish with fins and scales? Like the one on the right/bottom?
Originally Posted by Steve

Is the Poke' kosher if it is made from fish with fins and scales? Like the one on the right/bottom?

The odd thing is that there are no slaughter rules for fish. For other meat, it's only kosher if the animal is allowed AND if the slaughter is done by a designated ritual slaughterer. For fish, as long as they have scales and fins, that's all you need to know. It's why sushi is actually really popular among the orthodox. Long story, short answer: The tuna is kosher, the octopus isn't.
Originally Posted by Higginez

Yep fish and octopus,shrimp, raw. Pretty amazing stuff. I’ll see if I can get a legit recipe from one of my buddies wives over here. 👊🏻
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22

The odd thing is that there are no slaughter rules for fish. For other meat, it's only kosher if the animal is allowed AND if the slaughter is done by a designated ritual slaughterer. For fish, as long as they have scales and fins, that's all you need to know. It's why sushi is actually really popular among the orthodox. Long story, short answer: The tuna is kosher, the octopus isn't.
Gotta watch them pusses!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Poke’ - 08/17/22
Good eatin, though !

wink
Posted By: Steve Re: Poke’ - 08/18/22

Is something like a toasted tuna salad sandwich with cheese okay?
Posted By: Remsen Re: Poke’ - 08/18/22

Is something like a toasted tuna salad sandwich with cheese okay?

Yep, as long as the cheese is kosher (i.e., no animal rennet).
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Poke’ - 08/18/22
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Good eatin, though !

wink
Fo sho!!

You got it licked once you get past the smell!!🤣🤣
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Poke’ - 08/19/22
Never eaten bacon....how can that be ? Where's the "bacon flow chart" ?
© 24hourcampfire