Home
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Goulash - 08/25/22
King of the one-pot meals.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: mathman Re: Goulash - 08/25/22
I'd give that title to chicken and andouille gumbo.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Goulash - 08/26/22
Pozole.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Goulash - 08/26/22
Pazole . . .Pasole

Maybe Venison Green Chile Stew

There are oh so many great ones
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Goulash - 08/28/22
We could probably have a wonderful fight over goulash recipes and what ingredients are permissible.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Goulash - 08/28/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad
We could probably have a wonderful fight over goulash recipes and what ingredients are permissible.

I'll say peppers, paprika, onion, and beef. Garlic at will. Tomatoes if they are around.
I guess the history of goulash says is is eaten "fresh" or dried and water added to eat. Kinda like the first MRE.
I like to have it over jasmine rice.
Great time of the year to make some.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Goulash - 08/28/22
Originally Posted by Terryk

I'll say peppers, paprika, onion, and beef. Garlic at will. Tomatoes if they are around.
I guess the history of goulash says is is eaten "fresh" or dried and water added to eat. Kinda like the first MRE.

Terry, you been making any stuffed cabbages? I haven't made any in a while.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Goulash - 08/30/22
My wife makes great chicken goulash. I don't know if it's authentic or not, but has a lot of paprika and no noodles! I do like American goulash though.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Goulash - 08/30/22

Already BTDT
I compromised by calling my throw-together dishes
glop. Whatever's in it determines the rest of the title.
I make chicken glop, tuna glop, hamburger glop,
shrimp glop, etc. etc.
Posted By: fink65 Re: Goulash - 08/30/22
Chopped onion. diced tomatoes, chopped mushrooms a can of tomato sauce, liberal amounts of beef burger mixed with elbow macaroni and heaps of parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Goulash - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Right now my peppers from the garden are getting the stuffing. I grill the peppers to soften them up, stuff, then put them in a bread loaf pan. I’m doing most of the cooking on the grill, so they have a deep smoke flavor.
I retired early, so now I have more time to cook before my wife gets home from nursing.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Goulash - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Right now my peppers from the garden are getting the stuffing. I grill the peppers to soften them up, stuff, then put them in a bread loaf pan. I’m doing most of the cooking on the grill, so they have a deep smoke flavor.
I retired early, so now I have more time to cook before my wife gets home from nursing.

Terry. I make stuffed peppers a lot more often than stuffed cabbages. For me, they're just easier to make. I think I could probably make them with my eyes closed. Haven't tried roasting the peppers yet or doing them on the grill to make them smoky flavored, but I like the idea.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Goulash - 09/02/22
I like both kinds of goulash.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Goulash - 09/02/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like both kinds of goulash.

Country AND Western?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Goulash - 09/02/22
My Grandmother called it Hungarian Goulash….chunks of chuck, potatoes, carrots, celery and a little bit of sliced garlic in a thin, clear tomato sauce simmered for 5 or 6 hours on an old gas stove. It was very good.
© 24hourcampfire