Home
Posted By: ndh19 breakfast burrito - 09/24/22
looking for a good recipe for a breakfast burrito. A little heat is no problem. Thinking eggs, pork sausage, cheese, (I live in Wi ) and whatever else you add and enjoy. These would be premade for hunting camp
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: breakfast burrito - 09/24/22
Add plenty of green or red chile to what you listed. Done.

Some people add potatoes. I don't. Rather have more meat, eggs, and cheese taking up that space.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: breakfast burrito - 09/24/22
Eggs, bacon, and shredded mild cheddar cheese with some mild hot sauce work for me.
Sometimes, I’ll chop up and pan fry some new potatoes and put in there, as well.
Posted By: ndh19 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/24/22
What about sauce as long as they aren't runny or too greasy (even though I love grease )
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/24/22
Ditto most here. But I always use frozen skillet potatoes found in frozen foods area. They’re pre cut in appx 1/4” cubes. Gives good volume to burritos breakfast style.
Now, I have also prepped some w apple pie filling. Wrapped up in foil in jacket pocket makes for some fine mid morn snack w thermos full of coffee.
Posted By: EdM Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
Finely diced jalapenos, tomatoes, green onions, chorizo, jack cheese scrambled with eggs. Warmed Sadie's salsa.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by EdM
Finely diced jalapenos, tomatoes, green onions, chorizo, jack cheese scrambled with eggs. Warmed Sadie's salsa.

Sounds good.

Chorizo and eggs is always a legit breakfast burrito.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
Cut bacon into small 1” pieces and fry. Drain grease from pan. Add beaten eggs, salsa or finely sliced Jalapeño. Lastly, take a handful of Julio’s seasoned chips and crumble into the beaten eggs. Scramble eggs and spoon on tortilla that have been warmed on stove top. Life is good.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
May I suggest that in place of the chunked potatoes, that you buy some shredded hashbrowns, brown them, and substitute them instead. Tastes much better in my opinion and they will fill out the burrito better without lumps. Try a Burger King breakfast Burrito and you'll understand what I mean.....mo betta
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Couldn't decide on red or green so used green in the burrito with red on the side.
Posted By: ingwe Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by ndh19
looking for a good recipe for a breakfast burrito. A little heat is no problem. Thinking eggs, pork sausage, cheese, (I live in Wi ) and whatever else you add and enjoy. These would be premade for hunting camp

Just do what you are thinking, and have good salsa on hand to top them off with.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
I like meat and eggs in mine.

No taters.

McD’s burritos are good in a pinch.
Posted By: mathman Re: breakfast burrito - 09/25/22
Filled with scrambled eggs and chorizo, topped with red chili.
Posted By: Milkfever Re: breakfast burrito - 09/26/22
Linguica, Eggs and Green Chile!
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: breakfast burrito - 09/26/22
Scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, sautéed mushrooms and onions, shredded cheese and some salsa or green tapatio in mine
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: breakfast burrito - 09/27/22
Originally Posted by mathman
Surprisingly good with just ketchup on a chorizo & scrambled egg burrito
Posted By: Jcubed Re: breakfast burrito - 09/27/22
Ketchup...Minnesota and Montanas hot sauce...cause pepper is too spicy! 😀
Posted By: ndh19 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/27/22
You're all making me hungry. Thanks for all the ideas. ndh
Posted By: Jcubed Re: breakfast burrito - 09/27/22
From experience, about anything loaded inside a tortilla, when hungry enough, is delicious.

Ymmv
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: breakfast burrito - 09/27/22
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by mathman
Surprisingly good with just ketchup on a chorizo & scrambled egg burrito
My pard asked for steak sauce in SD . The gal brought two different brands of ketchup.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: breakfast burrito - 09/28/22
That’s funny, but I can believe it. My wife mixes ketchup and A1 for “steak sauce”
Posted By: mathman Re: breakfast burrito - 09/28/22
What kind of steaks need that rough treatment?
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: breakfast burrito - 09/28/22
None of mine!
The same who like a well done steak I suppose, some folks can’t be convinced of what they are missing.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/28/22
Machaca con huevos.

De nada.
Posted By: tmitch Re: breakfast burrito - 09/29/22
I usually make a few dozen breakfast burritos for deer camp so we don’t have to mess with cooking in the morning. One of the favorites is eggs, sharp cheddar, a few small size tater tots and a big spoonful of peppered sausage gravy. I wrap them in foil and the guys warm them up on propane heaters.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: breakfast burrito - 09/29/22
McDonald's. Be careful, they nuke them using lava as a baseline.

Or stop at the gas station. The new one has them with sausage gravy
in them. Bit of a surprise at first, darn sure not "Authentical", but surprisingly tasty.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: breakfast burrito - 09/29/22
Dang, this reminds me of when I was still working. There’s a small chain of New Mexican restaurants in Northern Virginia called Anita’s. They opened about 5am and made great ones. Miss those, though they probably contributed significantly to my current tonnage.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: breakfast burrito - 10/04/22
I picked the wrong time to open this thread. I was hungry before. Now I'm HANGRY!
© 24hourcampfire