Home
My stepdaughter is looking at buying a pizza maker for the house. She has looked at several and is not sure what fuel is best. If you have tried one, what do you like and what should she stay away from.
The ones she looked at used pellets, wood, or gas. Any preference.
What brand is best, maybe what size for a family of six to eight people!
Thanks.
A friend has one that uses pellets, he is not impressed.
Pizza is good, but it's not worth the PITA of using the cooker.
Says he wouldn't recommend it or replace his.
Friend of mine has the ooni with the gas burner attachment and loves it. He makes pizza multiple times a week. He’s used the wood for fuel, but prefers the convince of the gas.
I use my oven.
Posted By: KU_Geo Re: Pizza makers for home use. - 10/24/22
Pizza stone or unglazed ceramic tile with oven set at 550degs is all you need to turn out some excellent pizza. I’ve probably done it no less than 200 times and anyone that tries it is always amazed at how good it is. Only pizza overn I would ever consider is an outdoor custom built brick one for wood fired pizzas just because it’s fun to make them that way every now and then. But it takes way more time and planning.
Air fryer.
Posted By: Farming Re: Pizza makers for home use. - 10/25/22
In no way a pizza aficionado, but if you are adding to the arsenal. A GMG BBQ with the pizza oven option is one way to go.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Whisky Re: Pizza makers for home use. - 10/25/22
Gas is king. The control to dial in close to a specific temp, quicker pre-heat, and overall convenience greatly trump any preconceived flavor differences from a wood fire.

An oven with a 16" floor would be a great place to start for a beginner. A little more room to work with. And the obvious, bigger pizzas for a family of 6.

I do agree it's not a bad idea to just buy a stone for the home oven and do a few in there first. See if it's actually something they enjoy, before investing in a dedicated oven.
Posted By: OGB Re: Pizza makers for home use. - 10/28/22
+1 for a pizza stone
© 24hourcampfire