Home
Posted By: rcamuglia Rice Pudding - 10/25/22
This is my grandmother’s recipe for rice pudding. My mother made this frequently for the family. I hadn’t had it for a while. Found the handwritten recipe of my grandmother’s while looking through recipe files.

Made it yesterday and it’s perfect. Plumped the raisins in bourbon…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Rice Pudding - 10/25/22
Wow, old school cool !
Posted By: ironbender Re: Rice Pudding - 10/26/22
Nice, Rick. I use my mom’s stovetop method.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Rice Pudding - 10/26/22
Looks good.
I love a custard, rice pudding, or bread pudding. All good, and the weather is turning to where those comfort foods will be on my mind.
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Re: Rice Pudding - 10/26/22
Originally Posted by ironbender

Willing to share the recipe? I need to start trying to duplicate the stuff made at a diner in Batavia, NY that was awesome....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rice Pudding - 10/27/22
Wow. That looks good.
Posted By: GregW Re: Rice Pudding - 10/27/22
Looks great. I'd eat the crap outta that. Love old school recipes.

We just put together a cookbook of my grandma's old recipes I ate tons growing up who died a bit ago. She was old school and a phenomenal cook who spurred my interest in cooking.

Her orange mandarin cake is still my favorite dessert of all time....recipe doesn't make sense but damn..
Posted By: ironbender Re: Rice Pudding - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Originally Posted by ironbender
Willing to share the recipe? I need to start trying to duplicate the stuff made at a diner in Batavia, NY that was awesome....
I’ll look for it.

I used to make it a lot when my kids were, well, kids. Then it was leftover rice from dinner. Often made extry for that reason.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Rice Pudding - 10/28/22
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
This is my grandmother’s recipe for rice pudding. My mother made this frequently for the family. I hadn’t had it for a while. Found the handwritten recipe of my grandmother’s while looking through recipe files.

Made it yesterday and it’s perfect. Plumped the raisins in bourbon…

Thanks... I am gonna try that...

Back at ya with my Grandmother pancake recipe...

2 cups flour
2 heaping tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients

1/2 stick butter melted
1 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (more will be needed)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix liquid into dry and add more buttermilk to desired thickness. You can make waffles or pancakes with this recipe.

Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Rice Pudding - 10/28/22
Whoa baked, nice.

Grandmother always made to stove top version with golden raisins, wife makes this version several times a year but separates the eggs then whips the whites with sugar and folds in at the end.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Rice Pudding - 10/28/22
Had a baked pumpkin custard at a Thai restaurant a few days ago... it was very good!
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Rice Pudding - 10/28/22
© 24hourcampfire