Home
Grabbed a 10 pounder for T day. Momma won't give up the oven this year so it'll have to be pellet grill or Kamado.

What says the 24hcf?

Last one I did was in the oven cranked to 500 and shutoff and let rest for a certain amount of time per pound. It was great, but not sure how that method would work on the ceramic kamado.
Smoke it in the Kamado.

I smoked one in a Weber Smokey Mountain once. It was good with hickory.
Pellet grill.
Can’t help with any of that Hig but these boutta be popped in the oven…
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Livin here in Poverty Gulch, California's answer to Appalachia, times are hard, money's short, beef is pricey. We treat beef better than our relatives and that means temperature control...so, pellet smoker. Also with precise temp control, the speaker of the house can plan the side dishes better since I can give a pretty good estimate of when the beef will be done. Better cooks than I can cook on them kamado's and whatnot, but I have a short attention span, and that causes disasters.
Originally Posted by Higginez
Last one I did was in the oven cranked to 500 and shutoff and let rest for a certain amount of time per pound. It was great, but not sure how that method would work on the ceramic kamado.

Is this an attempt at humor?
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Livin here in Poverty Gulch, California's answer to Appalachia, times are hard, money's short, beef is pricey. We treat beef better than our relatives and that means temperature control...so, pellet smoker. Also with precise temp control, the speaker of the house can plan the side dishes better since I can give a pretty good estimate of when the beef will be done. Better cooks than I can cook on them kamado's and whatnot, but I have a short attention span, and that causes disasters.

LOL

I love when people like this give advice.
Weber, LOL.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Weber, LOL.

The 24hcf strikes again!
Higg, On a more serious note...I like to cook beef roast like you do...room temp meat, sear at 500 for 5min times weight of beef, say you cut your 10 pounder in 2 five pounders so: 5 min X 5 pounds=25 min at 500, or until it's crusted, then I turn down the pellet grill to 225 or so, let it go for 2 hours, watching it like a hawk with the meat thermometer, pulling it out at 125 and by the time it sits for 15 minutes it'll be about 130 in the center. This will be the 4th rib roast on the pellet grill...no f...kups, yet.
It’s your chicken, you can fuuck it how you want, but…. I smoke mine for a few hours, crank up the heat til temp, let rest and smack yo momma. Simple salt pepper garlic.👊🏻
I’d go 350-375 in the Kamado until it hits 120.

Let it sit for an hour.

Grind and snort.
Think I'm gonna do the bird on the Kamado and rib roast on the pellet.

Leftover prime rib in the air fryer is fuggin bomb!

Hope everyone eats lots of turkey.
Something to be said for a slow smoke on the Kamado, then Caveman sear.
Originally Posted by deflave
I’d go 350-375 in the Kamado until it hits 120.

Let it sit for an hour.

Grind and snort.

Absolutely.
This is how I cook a rib roast. Either the oven or pellet grill at 200-225. Then into the oven

https://www.seriouseats.com/perfect-prime-rib-beef-recipe
Higz, smoke a bit, crank er up, get to temp, let er rest!👊🏻
I would cook the bird in the pellet oven and the roast on the ceramic grill.
PS - Sell your stupid ass pellet grill.
Brisket is going on the pellet grill tonight

Turkey in the oven tomorrow AM
I have considered a pellet grill a few times.

Never can bring myself to buy one.

Sell it? LOL

If it loses WiFi again, I'm likely to throw that thing in the trash!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I have a love/hate with mine honestly.
One year by the grace of god and Jesus. I found a half froze turkey at the dump. I wrapped it up in my pile of recycled aluminum foil. Threw it on the exhaust of the d-8 cat burying trash few hours later some of the best turkey I ever ate. So throw the Weber, Kamodo, pellet grill away and cook it on the exhaust of a d-8 cat. Nugget
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

D8 cat is all you need
Originally Posted by Mossy
This is how I cook a rib roast. Either the oven or pellet grill at 200-225. Then into the oven

https://www.seriouseats.com/perfect-prime-rib-beef-recipe

That is exactly how I cooked a 5lber on Sunday. It was fantastic. Smoked it at 200F until 118 IT, foiled for 1-1.5hrs, finished in the Breville on "air fry" mode after that. Didn't take long to get good color/crust.

Since he doesn't have use of the oven, I'd follow the same idea, but do it all in the ceramic. I'd go direct heat/sear for the finish.

Sell it? LOL

Even better.

Sell it? LOL

Even better.

As much as I hated pellet grills, I kinda dig this thing (when it's working right). The pizza oven is badass and having temps sent to your phone while slow cooking is a god send when you're busy entertaining company.

It's also a lot easier to load into the travel trailer than the kamado!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]cliker test
As much as I hated pellet grills, I kinda dig this thing (when it's working right). The pizza oven is badass and having temps sent to your phone while slow cooking is a god send when you're busy entertaining company.

It's also a lot easier to load into the travel trailer than the kamado!

Well, hopefully you die soon and never reproduce.

No offense.
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
LOLs

I saw that coming from a mile off.

Good grub yesterday though.
© 24hourcampfire