What do you think?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Air fryers? - 01/22/23
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ryer-and-how-do-you-like-it#Post17814585
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Air fryers? - 01/22/23
Thanks FC.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Air fryers? - 01/22/23
Rocky Mountain oysters
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Air fryers? - 01/22/23
air fryers are essentially an amped-up countertop convection oven. Most of the new micro waves do the same thing
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
Not a fan of them personally.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
Daughter bought us one. We used it a couple of times. Doesnt hold enough and takes longer for most stuff. Bought a microwave that is a airfryer. Dont like it either
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
If you are one or two in a household - they come in handy for cooking chicken thighs, or a breast, roast veggies, tater tots, fry’s, and small meals for one without putting a ton of oil on them.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
Roasted veggies are great in them. They also do a good job on potato wedges and French fries.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
I prefer air that is grilled. I like the grill marks.
Posted By: erich Re: Air fryers? - 01/23/23
Just the two of us left at home, and small meals are the on the menu most nights. They are great for making a couple 6 oz steaks, butterflied boneless country ribs, or a hamburger steak. I make dinner size green chili burritos and the air frier is great for crisping the finished burrito before serving. We have one with slide out trays and grease pan, I purchased a couple extra grease pans and throw them in the dishwasher with the tray, so easier clean-up than a frypan or the grill.
Posted By: BubbaG Re: Air fryers? - 01/24/23
Has anyone tried to reheat leftover french fries with them? If they can restore them to their original crunchiness then they are worth it.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Air fryers? - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by BubbaG
Has anyone tried to reheat leftover french fries with them? If they can restore them to their original crunchiness then they are worth it.
I'm sure they'll work fine for french fries, we usually just heat them up again in a dry skillet.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Air fryers? - 01/25/23
Mine works great for chicken. Just a small convection oven. Good for the single person. It does really fry like I consider frying.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Air fryers? - 01/29/23
I found this at a thrift shop, the trial run was a few hash rounds, so far, so good.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Shag Re: Air fryers? - 02/22/23
Leftover pizza in an air fryer alone is worth getting one.
Posted By: HCDH66 Re: Air fryers? - 02/27/23
I like our Air Fryer. However, the cooking capacity is a bit small.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Air fryers? - 03/04/23
Originally Posted by Shag
Leftover pizza in an air fryer alone is worth getting one.

It's amazing how fast it is too... from a cold start it's maybe 90 seconds until it perfect. My days of reheating pizza in a microwave are over.
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Air fryers? - 03/04/23
There is a big recall on Cosori air fryers, over 2 million units affected. Potential fire hazard, if you own a Cosori purchased from Amazon, check the website. Ours is in the recall group and yes I did like it.

Nick
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Air fryers? - 03/04/23
They are like a lot of specialty devices; there are a few things at which they are quite good, but not as many as you think there are going to be. If you do not have a kitchen that was specifically designed with counter space dedicated to holding all of these specialty devices, they are a huge pain in the ass when not in use (which will turn out to be most of the time).
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Air fryers? - 03/04/23
I may regret it. Walmart had a pan lid, and false bottom on clearance for $15
© 24hourcampfire