Home
I usually love it. I make it every year on St. Patrick's Day, and have it between slices of rye bread, with mustard and boiled cabbage. This year, for some reason, it came out tasteless, dry, and stringy. What bad luck. I'm giving the rest of it to the dogs in the morning.
Have you had surgery recently? The anesthetic can mess with your taste, my wife has had 7 surgeries for cancer and everything she eats is different, things she used to love have no interest for her now.
Nope.

Best wishes for her, though.
Well, Corned Beef Dinner from the Knights of Colombus down at the Veterans Hall wasn't much better fwiw.

Here's to next year!
Just cut a corner as potatoes and carrots cook. As great as always!

Love this meal.
Even a stringy corned brisket can make a great hash.
I don't really care for corned beef. I've tried to like it, have eaten some that was okay, but it is pretty far down on my list of things I like to eat.
What amazes me is how 10 hours in the slow cooker can reduce a 2+ pound flat to the size of a deck of cards.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Even a stringy corned brisket can make a great hash.
That's a damned good point. But, oddly, this didn't even seem to have much flavor.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I don't really care for corned beef. I've tried to like it, have eaten some that was okay, but it is pretty far down on my list of things I like to eat.
Oh man, a good corned beef sandwich, or rye with mustard, is heavenly.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What amazes me is how 10 hours in the slow cooker can reduce a 2+ pound flat to the size of a deck of cards.
Amazing how much they shrink after three hours of simmering.
That sucks.

This did not however.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My granddaughter peppered and slow cooked the corned beef with new red, yellow and purple potatoes, then wedged the cabbage and drizzled balsamic vinegar over it and baked it until tender, Then made a brown gravy with the drippings and crumbles from the corned beef and added rosemary to the gravy. It was some awesome eating. There was just potatoes, gravy and cabbage left over, which was my lunch yesterday.
Killer. Plenty left over for sandwiches.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
How big was it to start with?
6.5 #. The pic shows half of it or so.
Looks excellent!
I love corned beef!

TRH maybe add a little salt.
Originally Posted by kingston
I love corned beef!

Kosher?
Cooked too hot.
Delicious !!!
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by kingston
I love corned beef!

Kosher?

LOL
We used to have a cook at work that always cooked a good one. He boiled it with the seasoning packet till tender. Took it out let it cool down and the outside dried off. Then he would coat it with mustard and brown sugar and bake it fat side up at 300 till it was about to fall apart. I have done it at home and it is a good way to do it
My Irish Eyes were smiling.

I still need to cook mine.
I love corned brisket. The leftovers may be the best part.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by EdM
I still need to cook mine.

We cooked ours tonight.

Didn't quite brine it long enough. Had about a silver dollar sized bit in the middle that wasn't cured.

Also...me used the point this year instead of a flat. Was a bit too rich.

Can't beat an evening with my parents and family though!
© 24hourcampfire