Home
Posted By: Cheesy Salami Wrapped Jalapeno - 05/21/08
Last night took some sliced hard salami (none of that good stuff you all were talking about, just some local grocery store stuff), wrapped around a seeded 1/3 of a jalapeno, added a piece of American cheese the same size as the jalapeno, toothpicked and broiled in the oven until the salami crisped up. Good Eats.

Would have used a different cheese, pepper jack usually, but was out. Be careful, hot cheese will burn thy mouth, and jalapeno fingers, even after been washed a couple of times and a shower taken will burn your eyes when you take your contacts out.
Posted By: croldfort Re: Salami Wrapped Jalapeno - 05/23/08
We're going to give this one a try. Went to the Alba cemetery today, but didn't eat in Orenogo. We ate west of Stones Corner at Woody's Smokehouse for the first time. The moist brisket was excellent.

George
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Salami Wrapped Jalapeno - 05/23/08
Woody's is good stuff, I don't care for their ribs, but like you say, their brisket is good. I prefer the dry as it has less fat and is still plenty moist, but any of it is good. They've got a good jalapeno sausage as well.

Go across the street to the new sports bar/grill, Quincy Magoos, and they've got a deep fried hamburger that is pretty good, a cooked hamburger, cheese, bun, then battered and deep fried.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
they've got a deep fried hamburger that is pretty good, a cooked hamburger, cheese, bun, then battered and deep fried.

You made my heart cry.
Posted By: bulbboy Re: Salami Wrapped Jalapeno - 06/04/08
The cheese doesn't melt out before the salami crisps up?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Salami Wrapped Jalapeno - 06/05/08
It runs out somewhat, but not all the way, did some on the top rack of the grill last night while grilling some sauasage, healthy supper wink
© 24hourcampfire