Home
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Pickled SPAM.... - 10/16/11
This whole experiment started with this exchange...

Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Anyone had it cubed up and pickled? Believe it or not it is great. Russ

I want to hear more about this....
do a search on Amana pickled ham it is basically cider vineger,sugar,onions and pickling spice-sub in the spam, leave out the salt.....Russ

So,..I searched around and found this...

[Linked Image]

And I gotta tell you,...it's disgustingly good. You should give it a try. It's a Great snack with some crackers of your choice.

The recipe I found wouldn't quite fit 1 lb. of meat and onions into a quart jar, so I just used 1 can (12 oz) of spam and water to vinegar @ 1:1.

Salty,..Tangy..and Pork meat of some sort. What's not to Like..?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eh76 Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
OK now we know you are in serious need of psykologlical help grin
Posted By: blanket Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
beats the heck out of fried spam, don't it....Russ
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
beats the heck out of fried spam, don't it....Russ

Gee,..I don't know. That question is like who's the better painter,..Picasso or Dali..?

They're both pretty dang Good... wink
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
Uh...not so sure I can try it.

Might have to look into this though...
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
Winner, winner, SPAM dinner!! I love the stuff fixed any way, even cold out of the can.

Mike
Posted By: bigbrie Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/17/11
Gee,..I don't know. That question is like who's the better painter,..Picasso or Dali..? quote, Dali for sure, I bet that would be good on crackers. smile
Posted By: blanket Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/18/11
I think my wife can get half a hog in a mason jar if you challenge her. I live about 40 miles from the Amana Colonies here in Iowa and pickled ham is served as an appetizer at alot of meals and each family has their own recipe. Spam is more consistant as to texture and makes up a good one. I like the pickled meat as a snack as well as on a fresh salad. Try the red cider vinegar.
Posted By: byc Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/18/11
Man, I'll eat just about anything but no on this one. Right there with potted meat for me.

Might also have something to do with the hot day I almost OD'd on those red pickled sausages and eggs. Not good!
Posted By: croldfort Re: Pickled SPAM.... - 10/18/11
Set them right next to the pickled eggs. Salt and pepper shaker handy. Pull another cold bottle out of the ice. Ooooh baby.
© 24hourcampfire