Home
Our hunting and fishing club held its 68th annual Fish Fry this past Saturday, serving 1104 dinners. Everyone loved it. Large quantity recipes:

Tartar sauce - 2 gallons mayo (no MW!) 1 gallon DILL relish (not sweet) 6 white onions run through the meat grinder and saving the juice to add! We made 3 batches. The onion juice makes it...

Breading - 25 pounds cracker meal, 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt and a palm full of black pepper - mix well. Dip fish in milk, coat with breading mixture and deep fry in real shortening. Sift breading to remove lumps/clumps as needed. (It took 3 batches, I think, for all the meals)

The cole slaw is always controversial - some elderly members make it using oil and vinegar, along with sugar, black pepper and celery seed. You either love it or hate it.

And lots of beer was sold....
Posted By: eh76 Re: Another successful fish fry - 07/21/14
That is a lot of cooking!
4 of us did all the breading - we have 6 stations each for frying fish and French fries. We were all pretty tired out byt he end of the day. We serve from noon til 5 PM.
what kind a fryers ? the ones that heat from the side?
No, we have propane lines set up to 12 burners permanently installed in our "Fry Shack."
Sounds mighty good.... but where were the hush puppies?? grin

L.W.
That'd be what? 3 to 4 thousand of them? :-)
Pics man,..Pics..

Something that epic deserves pics.!

wink
I will at least have some pics from 2010 when I was VP and it was my turn to run the show. Someone will pass some along for this year in a day or two. I was too busy breading fish to take pictures....
© 24hourcampfire