Home
Few weeks ago...peppers and hot Italian sausage (don't forget the roll!)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That'll work!
Looks like you did what I do and removed the casing from some of the brats.

Yes?
Originally Posted by byc
Looks like you did what I do and removed the casing from some of the brats.

Yes?

Ha! It's not easy to get one past you guys...

Actually, I cut them in half lengthwise. Worked fine except the casing caused them to curl up a little bit, further along they cooked!
d*mn, i love grilling (AND smoking)
That bun looks about perfect for when I make Dan's meatball recipe. I've just about ready for round 3!

Hey sse, where'd you find that big phat ass roll? Looks like you could stuff a lot of schizzle in that one!
stick a skewer through the brat next time. It reduces the curling.

Think I will make some tomorrow. Maybe simmer them in some BUTTER and grilled onions after the smoke/grill.

Thanks buddy!!

in my neck of the woods there are good bakeries everywhere...

Oh, I have perforated foil sheets for grilling smaller morsels, but I did the veggies in a half pan to preserve all the delicious juices. Would be a shame to let all the goodness drip into the fire!
Maybe simmer them in some censored/deleted and grilled onions after the smoke/grill.

Doggonitt, yer right on again...after a good grilling I should have tossed those sausages right into the pan with the veggies!
laffin!! Touche'

Maybe even give them a little beer bath with the BUTTER and grilled veges!!
for the record those veggies were swimmin in EVOO and S+P...
Beer? with sausage and brats? Who'd a thunk? smile

Sounds like Wrigley Field! smile
now that i think about it, the local crappy grocery store chain, which I generally hate, racks up some decent Italian bread and rolls...where I got 'em...
There's a place here called Western Beef, out of NY, that used to have really good Italian style rolls. Problem is they've been making them smaller and smaller.
Looks good
Looks good sse. I made my first homemade zesty italian sausages using an AC Leggs seasoning mix a little over a week ago.

Can't wait till next time.
Just curious but why do some here abhor butter?
Originally Posted by dawggone
Just curious but why do some here abhor butter?

Not some, only one.
not many things in the culinary realm that i abhor...(can't say the same about some of the others here... cool )

oh, through complete inadvertence, i failed to recall, ahem, that there may have been a wee pad of beurre in the veggie mix...pardonnez-moi
butter is better. Say it again.
Originally Posted by sse
not many things in the culinary realm that i abhor...(can't say the same about some of the others here... cool )

oh, through complete inadvertence, i failed to recall, ahem, that there may have been a wee pad of beurre in the veggie mix...pardonnez-moi

OMG!!!! NO way!!! grin

But you did say "may have been." And with a disclaimer. You are the sly one! Smart man!
© 24hourcampfire