Home
Auntie J and Log Cabin are everywhere as well as some store brands that are good as well.

What's your go to maple goodness sticky stuff.

458Lott's simple mix has got me thinking as I have to go to the store soon.

??????
I prefer Maple syrup produced by my ex-husband in Quebec, Canada.

I prefer Category No.1 Light for pure eating.

I prefer Category No.1 Medium for cooking and baking.

In order to be classified as "Canada No. 1” category, maple syrup must meet the standards of section 5 of the Canadian food regulations, and:

a) must not ferment;
b) must have a clear and uniform colour;
c) its colour grade must be Extra Light, Light, or Medium; and it
d) must have a maple flavour that is typical of its colour grade, and be free of any unpleasant odours or flavours.

* Maple products regulations (C.R.C., ch 289)

http://www.siropderable.ca/Afficher.aspx?page=149&langue=en

[Linked Image]
My sons in-laws make a surprisingly good maple syrup down here in the mountains of Va. They seem to truly 'live off of the land' as much as possible on their farm.
Haven't seen it in years, but Karo Pancake Syrup was the best I've ever come across.
Real maple sure, its good.

I'll take blackberry syrup or jam everytime. With real butter.
One of the guys at work makes several gallon every year. Most of the guys like the light, but I prefer the dark. I need to go out sometime when he is making it and see if I can come up with a way to make some of my own.
Bill
Haven't made it in years, but if you work up the beginnings of a bananas Foster with butter, brown sugar and a splash of rum set alight but put in blueberries instead of bananas, it doesn't suck as a topping for pancakes.
Steen's or Gold Eagle.
I like the real stuff, I won't use anything that isn't pure maple.

I kind prefer that darker stuff.
[Linked Image]
In Canada, I like Rogers.
I use locally made pure Cane Syrup. Won't have anything else.

I detest the flavor of maple syrup.
I much prefer local maple syrup over 'store' stuff.

Dale
Right down the road from me. Might hafta give the real McCoy a try.

http://treewater.com/
My waffle will be made with slices of bacon imbedded, my pancake will be wrapped around a sausage link. I can't stand the sweet stuff.
My father used to drizzle on some of this:

[Linked Image]
I'd love to try it but it looks like a toothache in a bottle. wink

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ivs=1&q=steen+pure+cane+syrup
Pop did have a sweet tooth. He also loved to load a biscuit with homemade fig preserves.
I like locally made syrup. These folks are about an hour's drive away, and make a superb product.
My biscuit topping of choice is Amish butter and my home made Kumquat marmalade.
[Linked Image]
I like maple syrup on pancakes, but on a biscuit, I prefer sorghum Molasses or Honey. Strawberry Jam is good too. miles
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image]
In Canada, I like Rogers.

Agreed.

SS
Don't think I have ever had pure cane syrup, Sam. But I can remember when we were poor and mom would make syrup from brown sugar, water, and a touch of butter. Damn that was good stuff.
Makes my teeth hurt just reading that , Sean but yea it's very damn good.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Don't think I have ever had pure cane syrup, Sam. But I can remember when we were poor and mom would make syrup from brown sugar, water, and a touch of butter. Damn that was good stuff.

OMG ! My Dad used to do the same thing. That stuff was crazy good. Slightly maple syrup with a hint of caramel, delicious grin
Maple syrup is just OK to me, just a matter of what I grew up on. Ferrel's Louisiana cane (local product) is my best now. They used to be able to call it Ribbon Cane but now the pure Ribbon Cane has been hybridzed so they can't do that any more. Pure Ribbon Cane syrup is the absolute best to me, sure wish I could still get it.
Follow up with Brer Rabbit full flavor. That is just my taste in syrups.
Pure maple syrup on pancakes, loaded with bacon &/or venison breakfast sausage & sunny-side up fried eggs !

Now, if your talking on warm scones, butter &.....

[Linked Image]
I don't crave sweets. I like real maple syrup on pancakes, but if I don't have that I'm content with a dollop of preserves or a drizzle of honey.
How do they think that putrafied swill called aunt jamima, mrs butterbutt, or whatever, can even be called maple?? some imitation cr%p flavor but it sure ain't maple.
They just call it 'syrup', not 'maple syrup'.
New York, Vermont, or in a severe pinch Canadian pure maple syrup if purchased. My cousin's homemade stuff is pretty good too. No pure maple syrup = no pancakes!
Bought some real maple syrup from a guy on here earlier this year. It is good. Very good, full maple flavor and not sickeningly sweet.
© 24hourcampfire