Home
Posted By: LostArra Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
Suggestions?

My brother who is in the food business dropped one off at my office. It's frozen.
I've never cooked a pork belly.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
http://www.olivemagazine.com/guides/best-ever/best-ever-pork-belly-recipes/

All are good, but I love the fennel rubbed one !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17

Pork Belly “Burn’t Ends”

Step 1: The Brine

2-Quarts of water

2-Cups of Morton’s Tender Quick

1-Cup of brown sugar

1-Cup of your favorite pork rub

1-Cup of your favorite bbq sauce

1-Cup of Molasses

Heat the water with Tender Quick, sugar and all the other spices. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar and Tender quick are dissolved. Remove from heat add ice. Stir until the ice has melted. Score the front and back (fat side) of the pork belly with a sharp knife ¼ inch deep. Place pork belly in either catering pan or sealed container and cover with brine, put in the refrigerator. Each day either turn or massage to make sure the pork belly is covered by the brine.

Curing time usually 3-4 days in refrigerator

Step 2: The Cook

Set your smoker to 250 degrees. Rub the Pork belly down with a heavy coat of your favorite rub to create the crust. Place the pork belly on the smoker and add your favorite smoking wood. Smoke the pork belly to 200 degrees internal, usually about 6-7 hours at 250 degrees.

Once the Pork Belly had been removed from the smoker allow to cool for ½ hour. Cut against the grain in about 1 inch slices, than cut the slices into the desired cube size to fit your need. Place the cubes in a hot skillet and add a little butter and BBQ Sauce and sauté until hot. Serve on a large piece of Texas Toast with a side of slaw and beans.

Posted By: mathman Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
Brits cook them too:

Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
MM, PBs were a specialty of my sainted mother and old skool hungarian cook. Brought a lot of recipes over with her to this country. Grew up on them but never cooked them. She cubed hers up and deep fried them. BANGIN'.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
It's uncured side pork?
Posted By: byc Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Pork Belly “Burn’t Ends”

2-Quarts of water

1-Cup of brown sugar

1-Cup of Molasses

Heat the water with Tender Quick, sugar and all the other spices. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar and Tender quick are dissolved. Remove from heat add ice. Stir until the ice has melted. Score the front and back (fat side) of the pork belly with a sharp knife ¼ inch deep. Place pork belly in either catering pan or sealed container and cover with brine, put in the refrigerator. Each day either turn or massage to make sure the pork belly is covered by the brine.

Set your smoker to 250 degrees. Rub the Pork belly down with a heavy coat of your favorite rub to create the crust. Place the pork belly on the smoker and add your favorite smoking wood. Smoke the pork belly to 200 degrees internal, usually about 6-7 hours at 250 degrees.

Once the Pork Belly had been removed from the smoker allow to cool for ½ hour. Cut against the grain in about 1 inch slices, than cut the slices into the desired cube size to fit your need. Place the cubes in a hot skillet and add a little butter and BBQ Sauce and sauté until hot. Serve on a large piece of Texas Toast with a side of slaw and beans.

Good stuff Mike. Up top okay with you?

BTW will call this weekend. Been obscenely busy with family and Blue Alliances.

Hope your Dad and Ms. L are well!!

Hoop
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/20/17
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
MM, PBs were a specialty of my sainted mother and old skool hungarian cook. Brought a lot of recipes over with her to this country. Grew up on them but never cooked them. She cubed hers up and deep fried them. BANGIN'.

At the boucherie those are "gratons" and they are to die for!! Très bien!!!!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/21/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It's uncured side pork?

Yes, that's correct Richard.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/21/17
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Pork Belly “Burn’t Ends”

2-Quarts of water

1-Cup of brown sugar

1-Cup of Molasses

Good stuff Mike. Up top okay with you?

BTW will call this weekend. Been obscenely busy with family and Blue Alliances.

Hope your Dad and Ms. L are well!!

Hoop

Fine by me. Everyone back here is good. Look forward to hearing from you Hoop.

Mike
Posted By: RWE Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/21/17
I'll ask my son what he did on this one.

CRACKLINSSSSSS

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 04/21/17
That looks great! Smoke and all!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 05/01/17
I have a 5lb belly on the BGE here's hoping she comes out good !
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 05/01/17

[Linked Image]
C
[Linked Image]
Posted By: byc Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 05/02/17
OMG!!

Goodness!!
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Pork Belly Recipes? - 05/02/17
That is a beautiful cook on that Dan!
© 24hourcampfire