Home
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
No pics,breakfast was chorizo and toast with sugar free strawberry jam and coffee.
lightly fried egg, bacon, browned potatoes & onion slices. black coffee.
Very nice !

Omelette here

[Linked Image]
Dan, did you do that omelette on the egg? Looks great, BTW.
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

Boots, that looks darn good.
Leftover Fettuccine Di Maria.
3 slices of center cut bacon, eggs-up and rye toast with a couple cups of coffee....
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Breakfast of Champions!
I just bought everything needed for Eggs Benedict to include Mimosas!!

I did cheat on the Hollandaise as Whole Foods offers these small tubes of already prepared that are so easy and good that it's hard to resist.

They also have Bearnaise and a Brown Peppercorn French sauce. Box of 3 in the meat department.

The Bearnaise makes a great bartenders sandwich!! Crispy breaded chicken breast (or fingers), canadian bacon, bearnaise sauce, swiss cheese, on an 8 inch soft hoagie roll.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Breakfast of Champions!

Couldn't let 2000 calories of alfredo sauce, shrimp, and scallops just sit in the fridge!
No way. grin
Home fried taters with ramps and a bacon dressing over all.BD is usually reserved for my spinach salad but I tried it over the ramp taters for the heck of it. Tasty. Hot coffee and homemade apple fritters.
Ham off the bone, poached eggs, grilled heirloom tomato & sliced ciabatta loaf, both days !
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Ham off the bone, poached eggs, grilled heirloom tomato & sliced ciabatta loaf, both days !

So ya had ham 'n' eggs and sliced your bread ???

Some of youse guyz meals sound downright uppity. Pinky extended while chewing ???
Now Denny, you got me picturin' me, an' you in our best bum clothes, with a two week stubble, sitting by the fire in a train yard, with a gallon can on the fire dining on a stolen chicken.
Yep, that's correct.

Plus grilled tomato.

Not sure what, or why you're ???
Yep, that's correct.

Plus grilled tomato.

Not sure what, or why you're ???

Funnin' with you.Glad you sliced your loaf and the pig was off the bone versus tearin' into it cave man style.
laugh crazy
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Now Denny, you got me picturin' me, an' you in our best bum clothes, with a two week stubble, sitting by the fire in a train yard, with a gallon can on the fire dining on a stolen chicken.

YUP, Have chikken will travel. Meetcha under the bridge. grin laugh
Wow, some great stuff there😊 I had a couple handfuls of mixed nuts😳 I should start eating a good breakfast!
Pancakes!!!
Cooking, on cast iron of course:
[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20027_zpsdldfmevq.jpg[/img][/img]

fruit
[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20028_zps0gsdptea.jpg[/img][/img]

"plated" as the fancy chefs like to call it. wink
[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20026_zpsdrakgk48.jpg[/img][/img]

Homemade sourdough type batter (made a starter with some yeast last night), used locally grown and milled whole hard red wheat flour, a little milk,
baking soda, and oil. Added some raisins and Craisins, topped with Kirkland real maple syrup.

Geno

PS I "only" had four..............or maybe it was six. grin I dearly love pancakes......still................ I once ate 14 on a Sierra Trek while in scouts, but of course I was burning a whole lot more calories every day hiking.
Fixt dat sumb!tch for ya Geno !

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Pancakes!!!
[Linked Image]

fruit
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Homemade sourdough type batter (made a starter with some yeast last night), used locally grown and milled whole hard red wheat flour, a little milk,
baking soda, and oil. Added some raisins and Craisins, topped with Kirkland real maple syrup.

Geno

PS I "only" had four..............or maybe it was six. grin I dearly love pancakes......still................ I once ate 14 on a Sierra Trek while in scouts, but of course I was burning a whole lot more calories every day hiking.
After Friday nights party, had lots of guacamole, pico de gallo & corn tortillas left over.

Customer gave me a dozen free range eggs on Thursday, so ................

Modified huevos rancheros it was.

Had 'em Saturday & Sunday !

Pancakes!!!
[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20027_zpsdldfmevq.jpg[/img][/img]

fruit
[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20028_zps0gsdptea.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1159.photobucket.com/a...5%209%202017%20026_zpsdrakgk48.jpg[/img][/img]

Geno

Look like buckwheats. smile
After Friday nights party, had lots of guacamole, pico de gallo & corn tortillas left over.

Of course you did. And why wouldn't you? grin
Smoked salmon on a cream cheese bagel with sliced lemon, onion, capers and dill. Probably the most prolific item for breakfast in my house. Fast to make, and cleanup is easy.
Sunday's always get eggs/french toast or pancakes with a side of bacon or sausage, and a potato/hash brown. Lot of dishes to clean for that, but we don't work on Sundays.

I like it with ham or smoked salmon and crab. A local place that has since closed made it with salmon and crab, a real nice twist. He also always had nice fruit to compliment the dish.
Slice of cold pizza !
Local,

yeah, I like those too. This time all I had around was the local whole wheat flour. I have some Russian buckwheat groats I had thought about adding, but I forgot to get them softened up.

I think I'll cook some up for dinner tonight with my lamb shanks.

Thanks for the reminder about buckwheat...............it's "good stuff Maynard". grin

Geno
Local,

yeah, I like those too. This time all I had around was the local whole wheat flour. I have some Russian buckwheat groats I had thought about adding, but I forgot to get them softened up.

I think I'll cook some up for dinner tonight with my lamb shanks.

Thanks for the reminder about buckwheat...............it's "good stuff Maynard". grin

Geno

I thought Groats were rare in the US. Popular in my house as a base to make stuff. I get mine a Europe food importer, local stores don't stock it.
Well, one might consider these "European", but they're actually Russian.

[Linked Image]

I get them at a store about 2 hours away in a bigger city that has lots of Ukranian and other eastern European immigrants, Russians too. Wonderful sausages, baked goodies, teas, and buckwheat groats too!

Yep, I substitute them for rice and stuff too. They go really good with lamb in my mind.

Guess you could call them "rare" around here too, they don't carry them at the local grocery.

Geno

PS, just got me thinking, I could probably get a flour mill and grind these into buckwheat flour for pancakes!
I'm lucky enough to have a Russian (and European) market in the next town over. I've posted pics before. They've got some awesome stuff.
Can buy buckwheat at the Farm Bureau. I grow it it the garden for a cover crop.
Had my usual Shired eggs again this AM

Melt butter in a small oven proof bowl

Pour in 2-3 Tbsp. heavy cream

Add one slice of diced Canadian bacon, two eggs, a pinch of chives and Top W/2-3 Tbsp. shredded cheese.

Bake at 375% in pre-heated oven for 12 minutes

I Add a few drops of green Tobasco. Use any spices you prefer.

Virgil B.
Made chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and eggs for momma and the boys! Little fresh whip cream on top of the pancakes was great.
Nicely done.

Brought mama a couple of hoe cakes & bacon in bed this morning. She eats them plain, I put a little honey on one and cane syrup on the other.

I meant to ask, is that coco or chocolate milk you're having with it?
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I meant to ask, is that coco or chocolate milk you're having with it?

Grin......just a splash, sometimes.....I have never been consistent with my coffee, Black, or with just a barely level small spoon of real sugar, or only a splash of real cream or a combination of the above. Except, if I ever partake in the evenings, then its always black.
I woke up to biscuits and gravy that my son made. Darn good too.
Breakfast Jack and Dr Pepper
Today's breakfast was homemade corned beef hash. Not the stuff from a can. Fried eggs too. Sunny side up with runny yolk's and barely set whites.
venison sausage patties, two over easy eggs, wheat toast with that great French Butter and my Kumquat marmalade. Two cups coffee, and OJ.

Of course you did. And why wouldn't you? grin

Tough to beat a Mexican breakfast. Not a big fan of eggs... smile

[Linked Image]
Care to share on the soup, Ed ?

TIA, Denny.
Wild Boar sausage patties , three eggs and an avocado.
On the deck with pulled pork sammie leftovers and a pot of coffee.
3 eggs over medium,5 slices of ponhoss,buttered toast.i'm out of sausage .as soon as i catch boston butts on sale i'll make around 200lbs . put some in the freezer and sell the rest to all my buddies.love free homemade sausage.boil of the scraps and make more ponhoss.
What is "ponhoss?"
Some call it scrapple...
Thanks Boots. smile
American basterdized version of the German word for scrapple.
That's a hearty breakfast. Anymore, I'd need a nap afterwards.

Haven't had scrapple in a while. Had a buddy used to make goetta for breakfast before rabbit hunts.
I had a piece of fried Texas Toast with a big scoop of chili beans on top......Delicious.....I think I'll do it again tomorrow.
smoked country ham and cheddar cheese omelet. Coffee, OJ, toast.
Where are you getting the smoked country ham? You have all these pipelines. Jealous here.

All my friends who would pick one up for me in NC have either moved there or GA, AL, TN.
Did the cream cheese, smoked salmon bagel again this morning. My dill is up, so the flavor pops.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Where are you getting the smoked country ham? You have all these pipelines. Jealous here.

All my friends who would pick one up for me in NC have either moved there or GA, AL, TN.

that was sent to me by one of my cousins up in Virginia. Yeah, I still have "relatives in the old country". smile
Lucky sumbisch. smile
Originally Posted by Owl
Today's breakfast was homemade corned beef hash. Not the stuff from a can. Fried eggs too. Sunny side up with runny yolk's and barely set whites.

Mmmm, sounds like a perfect breakfast.

Throw up a recipe for your homemade hash. The canned stuff is a greasy nasty affair.
© 24hourcampfire