Home
Posted By: djb Pork Sirloin Roast - 05/15/17
Costco had a great deal on a 4 pack of pork sirloin roasts. I’ve never seen the whole roast before but have grilled sirloin chops and like them very much as they have a little more fat and darker color than the loin. I prefer chicken thighs over breast for the same reason. Anyway, we have a friend flying in this week and have to pick them up at the airport at dinner time. I was thinking about slowing smoking a couple of these roast for a few hours them finishing them in a crock pot so they would be finished when we got back to the house. Anyone slow cooked one of these whole roasts before? I’m concerned they may be a little too lean to stand up to the slow cooking method.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 05/17/17
Its gonna be much leaner than say a pork butt or shoulder roast. Probably be ok if you slow cook it along with some kind of liquid/ sauce.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 05/18/17
i slice them 1/2 thick and run them threw my hobart cuber.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 05/19/17
Sound like a bag of good sauerkraut should get tossed in the crockpot with the pork.
Posted By: fremont Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 06/03/17
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sound like a bag of good sauerkraut should get tossed in the crockpot with the pork.

Exactly. I like to brown them first, then add an undiluted can of Campbell's French Onion soup and a heaping TBSP of brown sugar. Ectasy. Pork Sirloin is one of my favorite parts of the pig. (My current favorite in the Pork Rib Roast (AKA Pork Prime Rib) from Costco.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 06/03/17
Ya can leave out the burnt onion taste for me. miles
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 06/03/17
last one I had, I cut it into cubes, browned the meat in a Dutch Oven with onions, garlic, lime juice, cumin, a bit of beef broth and some chopped chili peppers. Next step was to put the pork on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and lime juice, and bake until well browned. I just love pork carnitas. smile
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 06/03/17
Haven't made any pork in a while. Hmmmm
Posted By: djb Re: Pork Sirloin Roast - 06/05/17
Since this thread came back active. I actually seasoned the two roasts with a classic rub and placed them in a foil pan with a can of chicken stocked and smoked them for about two hours in a Webber kettle. Once the coals died down I transferred the meat to a crock pot and let it finish until dinner. It was pretty darn good. The stock/juice was nice and smokey without being bitter.
© 24hourcampfire