Home
Posted By: sse Need a Dessert - 05/23/17
I'm doing lunch after the parade on Monday, will be a nice day, and decided I'd like to have dessert available. The lunch is hot dogs, chips, my signature cole slaw and baked beans, 80-100 peeps. I could just go to the market and have them set up a half sheet cake decorated with flags, etc...

Anybody have any ideas...?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Need a Dessert - 05/23/17
All ages or mostly adults?

Cupcakes seem to go well with such fare, or assorted fruit pies, can't go wrong with the sheet cake, or a gallon or two of ice cream.
Posted By: sse Re: Need a Dessert - 05/23/17
Thanks. Mostly adults, lot of kids, too. I was also thinking individual serving ice cream cups, but I'd need to spend time seeing what's available.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Need a Dessert - 05/23/17
I'm hopin' you get your just desserts sse.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
You better have a sharp knife to fee 100 on a half sheet. Texas sheet cake would be a good way to feed that many
Posted By: sse Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
You better have a sharp knife to fee 100 on a half sheet. Texas sheet cake would be a good way to feed that many

Was wondering if someone would catch that. Hedging my bet. I really don't expect a hundred and I doubt all present will have desert.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
We had roughly 40 at my son's hs graduation party and there wasn't much left of a full sheet cake.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
Good luck with it sse, methinks you will do just fine, with some left over.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
For that size crowd, I'd go sheet cake.
Posted By: sse Re: Need a Dessert - 05/24/17
OK, seems we have a consensus...
© 24hourcampfire