Home
I finally rid myself of my old broken down Sears grill. It took me a long time to go modern; go gas. I like the cold weather speed and convenience.

I bought a Weber Spirit E310. Set it up last night and fired it for temperature. It reached 585*. I'm sure the old grill did not get that hot.

Going to grill a cut-up chicken tonight. Plan to get grill marks and then cook indirect.

Tips? Pointers?
Ask someone who shoots a 270 shocked
That is a very helpful tip. Thank you.
So may BTUs. I don't want to be making charcoal.
I have the same grill, I find I end up with it set as low as it will go and it still gets plenty hot, chicken will be done in 1 hour or so.
Pork and chicken on my gas grill, sear it both sides about 4 to 5 min each side 450 then wrap it in tinfoil. Till probe says its done. Let it rest and enjoy. In the winter I use a welding blanket from amazon to keep temps up about $20.

Just did a Pork Tenderloin, its a way to get the boys back for a visit!
i like to cook chicken at 350deg. i shoot a 270 and cook with gas.you could fill up a few dump trucks with all the game i've killed with a 270 and cooked with gas.i never have time to mess with charcoal.
Kurt-
No probe. Working with out a net here. Do have a quick-read though.

srw- you gonna admit that 270 on an open forum? smile
I figured 350 (like oven roating) would be a good target. Probably be happy to have a grill thermometer.
Posted By: Pugs Re: New Gas Grill - Need Pointers - 05/25/17
Originally Posted by ironbender
Tips? Pointers?

Remember that even if the temp says it's up to speed that preheating to ensure that the metal is all up to temp is a good idea. You'll avoid the dip in temp as you introduce the food. 15 minutes min.

A paper towel soaked in a little veggie oil and rubbed on the grates helps release and get good transfer for grill marks.

Before you haters roll in I'm a gas weber, offset smoker and BGE guy (and an oven!) so they all have their places grin
You bet Allen. WhT I do now. This one has CI grates so that's a plus.
Get the fat/skin off, so you don't have flare ups.

I got a Holland so no worries.
I'm thinking the key with alla this power is to watch temp.
Bender, how much is a tank of propane?
Turned out ok.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bender, how much is a tank of propane?

Sadly I don't even know. When I'm out I just get more.
That chicken looks good, our new Weber is a three burner. Some things I like to "do", indirect, the meat over an unlit unit, and the outer burners on. For just a meal for two, or three people, I just light one burner, and cook over that.
I think for at least 30 years,I have cooked elk,deer, antelope, fish or chicken on the two burner propane gas grills that usually are on sale for $100. I probably use it 4 times a week even in the winter.Food tastes the same as the one as I have eaten at friends that cook on a $500 grill.

Preheat grill 10-15 minutes on high ,throw on meat, sear, cut heat to low or medium until done. I usually only use one burner.I don't host any big cook outs either
© 24hourcampfire