Home
With the tomato harvest in full swing, it's time again for me to gorge myself on what I call buzzed tomato. Had one this morning in fact, and I'm still smiling.

[Linked Image]

Cut a deep cavity into a large tomato. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add fresh sweet basil, minced.
Nestle the tomato on a piece of toast.
Sprinkle shredded cheese of your choice in the tomato cavity and on the toast.
Drizzle all with olive oil.
Microwave on high for 60-70 seconds.
Serves one.
Posted By: jpb Re: Buzzed Tomato Season is here! - 08/09/17
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
With the tomato harvest in full swing, it's time again for me to gorge myself on what I call buzzed tomato. Had one this morning in fact, and I'm still smiling.

Cut a deep cavity into a large tomato. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add fresh sweet basil, minced.
Nestle the tomato on a piece of toast.
Sprinkle shredded cheese of your choice in the tomato cavity and on the toast.
Drizzle all with olive oil.
Microwave on high for 60-70 seconds.
Serves one.

Hi Rocky,

Harvesting fresh tomatoes -- you are killin' me here up here in the north!

The only improvement I can think of would be to fry a couple of strips of bacon until it is on the crispy side, then cut it up into little pieces and drop that in.

Everything is better with bacon, but especially tomatoes! laugh

John
That does look and sound mighty fine. I'll have to pick a nice tomato from the garden and give that a try.
dammit Rocky, you have flung a craving on me, and there are no fresh 'maters around. smile
Posted By: EdM Re: Buzzed Tomato Season is here! - 08/10/17
That sounds and looks killer Rocky.
Dawggone Rocky, you're hitting all the flavor hotspots. This is officially the Dead Zone time of year as far as tomatoes go. Just too damn hot here. They can't handle this heat. (Memorial Day is usually the stick in the sand gauge I use).
BLTs tomorrow. Got 6 huge beefsteaks on the counter. YUM

Eat yer heart out ! wink smile

Using Miracle Whip ta boot.
Just got back from one of our many fruit and vegetable stands, with (among many other things) a dozen vine-ripened beauties. The other things include green beans, cukes, apples, peaches, squash, melon, and fresh-from-the-oven artisan bread. All freshly picked.
Good idea Rocky! Tried it this morning, and it was delicious. No beefsteaks in our greenhouse, so a couple of small yellows had to do. Fresh off the vine, nonetheless(as was the basil). Used white cheddar, and garnished the SPAM scramble with avocado.

Jeff

[Linked Image]
Nice looking breakfast, Jeff. Yup, few things go together better than tomato, basil, cheese, bread, and olive oil. I mean, in other forms, that's a margarita pizza.
Thanks. Definitely a keeper recipe! All sorts of possibilities with that as a base.

Jeff
Had another one this morning. Damn, I love that meal.
© 24hourcampfire