Home
Im going to borrow a jerky cannon to make some venison jerky and have an equipment question...

Is the Jerky cannon the easiest way to do this?

Or should I modify a stuffing tube for my Lem #12 grinder to make jerky?

Watching youtube videos on jerky cannons make grinders almost less work and time (including clean up)

Thoughts?
Advice?
grinder have issues?
Jerky gun has worked good for us.
I like my Jerky cannon . Did hundreds of pounds of jerky over the years.
It works great.Just like laying a bead of caulk with a caulk gun.
Friend of mine mixes it then rolls it out on aluminum foil and hangs it over a rod in the smoker. When it starts to dry it pulls away from the foil, he flips it back over the rod and pulls the foil off. I thought he was nuts but it makes a great product. He rolls it between wax paper and foil to keep it from sticking to the roller, which he made himself, and it has spacers on the ends to make a uniform thickness. He then slices it with a paper cutter in strips. Barry
Has anyone made a jerky board?
Something with spacers at the height you want and they you roll it out the slots or recessed area?
the jerky shooter works great. i've used one for years. and the best seasonings i have found are from con yeager. their hillbilly jerky mix is perfect.
sick
I use a cannon.

Don't like to stuff off the grinder with a small horn. It's harder on the grinder and smears the meat as it's condensed down after passing the cutting head from back pressure.
If you don't have a jerky gun just roll it in a gallon baggie (cut the sides open) to about 1/8" thick. Peel the top layer of the baggie back and just trim to whatever dimension you want and lay it in the dehydrator.
The cannon works for me better than the grinder. Simple with the cannon.
© 24hourcampfire