Home
First stab at doing antelope in cast iron skillet earlier this week. Tenderloin is 2 minsx2 sides too done, IMHO. I like it rare.

[Linked Image]

Made a marinade of EVOO, minced garlic, s&p, fresh thyme and put in a nice strip I cut off a hind quarter.

[Linked Image]

Mo better. Rare, the way I like it. And marinade was killer.

[Linked Image]
just as long as you save my tenderloins. smile

That looks pretty darn good. Shame they don't make Antelope with more than two of those.
I could eat the hail out of that!

Perfect!
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
just as long as you save my tenderloins. smile

That looks pretty darn good. Shame they don't make Antelope with more than two of those.

Tenderloins are in the freezer, dawg. Yeah, or bigger like beef. smile

Sam, this strip I cut off the hind quarter, marinated, and cooked rare had a chew kind of like good sirloin. For what it's worth.
Looks delicious Greg! Antelope might be my favorite wild game meat. You just need to get that hide off and get them cooled down quick. It always cracks me up when people say it tastes like [bleep] after they shoot it on Friday and then on Saturday they head home hauling it in the back of their truck in 65F+ weather with the hide on hitting every VFW club along the way! smile
What is EVOO and s&p?
Olive oil and salt and pepper........ Hot an fast is what I have folks do with their wild game ....or if I'm low on meat I tell them low and slow ....a week or two latter I get me a free frezzer full ...lol
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What is EVOO and s&p?

Extra Viscocity Oleo Oil...not sure, but maybe it's supposed to be A&P.
Well, I have some oil for the oleo's in the hanger someplace.
© 24hourcampfire