Home
Posted By: texas_hawg Instant Pot - 12/12/17
Picked up an instant pot during a Black Friday special. My wife doesn’t usually like the taste of venison. But I’ve fixed two different meals the last couple days in this instant pot that she has eaten. This thing cooks so fast!

Cooked a venison taco pasta meal. From frozen ground venison I was done cooking in 45 minutes and ready to serve.

Tonight I did a roast, potatoes and carrots. Girls and wife loved it. Cooked it all in less than two hours and was EXTREMELY tender.

If you are on the fence about buying one. Get one.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 12/12/17
Bought one also on Black Friday , love it made a beef steak stew, and Chili quick and easy. I sear the meat before I started, with garlic and caramelized onions. Tortilla chicken soup later this week. I freeze and vacuum
pack the leftovers for hunting food.
Posted By: fremont Re: Instant Pot - 12/12/17
We really use ours, but, for the slow cooker, Low mean Keep Warm. I use Normal for Low, High for High. YMMV Enjoy!
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Instant Pot - 12/14/17
We have had one for a year now. That thing gets used for something almost daily. Instapot Brownies are awesome.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Instant Pot - 12/14/17
The insta pot rocks! We love it!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 12/16/17
Beef with barley soup in mine now.

Left overs from a Pellet Stove Cross rib roast.
Posted By: djb Re: Instant Pot - 12/18/17
I got one for a birthday present and thought I'd never use it. My old stove top pressure cooker never gets used now and my crock pot rarely also. I'm starting to wonder if canning venison is even needed. They are pretty neat once you get the hang of it. I like how you can saute and then pressure/slow cook in the same pot and the cleanup is very easy.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Instant Pot - 12/20/17
For those like me that thought they were speaking a foreign language I found

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=insta+pot+8+qt+pressure+cooker&t=hf&ia=product

and the recipes to use in it

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=instant+pot+recipes&t=hf&ia=recipes

I am serious with this question

Is it really better than using a stove top pressure cooker?

In case you are wondering, duckduckgo.com is a search engine, that ulike google does not track you after using it.

Posted By: djb Re: Instant Pot - 12/20/17
Originally Posted by LouisB
Is it really better than using a stove top pressure cooker?

Yes. You will find that the instapot loses much less liquid during cooking so you have to adjust normal pressure cooker recipies or they will be more 'watery'. Also, it goes into a 'stay warm' mode when done so you can just walk away and then come back and eat whenever you're ready.

Oh, and I have been usuing duckduckgo for years too.
Posted By: mathman Re: Instant Pot - 12/20/17
When I first saw the thread title I though it was about a special kind of plant food.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Instant Pot - 12/20/17
I got mynwife one for christmas..good to know they are liked and useful
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: Instant Pot - 12/20/17
Originally Posted by mathman
When I first saw the thread title I though it was about a special kind of plant food.

That’s funny laugh
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 01/08/18
Just made Meat loaf and mashed potatoes via Instant Pot wow! Used Bison Burger and Moose burger 50/50
with bacon bits, onions, and Kenai BBQ sauce wow its good. No bread crumbs in house so used Flaxseed flour instead. Turned out great!

https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-meatloaf-mashed-potatoes/
Posted By: owenst7 Re: Instant Pot - 01/10/18
I use a '70s vintage, English-made pressure stove-top cooker. Runs at 14psi.

I did mule deer osso buco in about 50 minutes. You could cut the shank meat/tendons with a fork.

Stewed a jackrabbit in about 45 minutes. Same thing, fork tender.

My favorite thing about it being a solid aluminum stovetop unit is I can take it camping and use it at base camp. Saves a lot of fuel along with the time savings.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 01/11/18
Gumbo Tonight! Was very good!

https://www.paintthekitchenred.com/best-instant-pot-gumbo/
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 01/26/18
Tonight was leftovers, took what was left of a pork loin that I had grilled on a salt block.

Cut it up in small pieces, covered it with BBQ sauce, put it in the Instant Pot set it for 6 minutes , served it over baked green beans, and Brussel Sprouts. Very good stuff!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Instant Pot - 01/30/18
Another Gumbo, then last night prob. one of my bests, Braised Beef Short Ribs great eats! 35 Minutes.
Posted By: fremont Re: Instant Pot - 01/30/18
Just took my last package of rhubarb out of the freezer and threw it into the InstantPot for rhubarb applesauce. Tasty stuff.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Instant Pot - 02/04/18
Those Instant Pots are awesome
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Instant Pot - 02/07/18
My daughters have had an Instant Pot for a while now and love it, they gave the wife one for her birthday. I just copied the Macaroni & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf recipe and will make it one night this week.
Posted By: tomk Re: Instant Pot - 02/07/18
Interesting post. Have never heard of them.

Checked the website...I imagine the Canuck ones are wood-fired, eh?
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Instant Pot - 02/08/18
Originally Posted by texas_hawg
Picked up an instant pot during a Black Friday special. My wife doesn’t usually like the taste of venison. But I’ve fixed two different meals the last couple days in this instant pot that she has eaten. This thing cooks so fast!

Cooked a venison taco pasta meal. From frozen ground venison I was done cooking in 45 minutes and ready to serve.

Tonight I did a roast, potatoes and carrots. Girls and wife loved it. Cooked it all in less than two hours and was EXTREMELY tender.

If you are on the fence about buying one. Get one.

I hear his from several different people. May just have to break down n get one.
Posted By: ggarcia85 Re: Instant Pot - 02/17/18
im going to try French dip sandwiches with a whitetail roast this set of days off.
© 24hourcampfire