Home
Posted By: wabigoon Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
We had not enjoyed the twice baked potato dish for a while, I could have used some bell pepper, you go with what you've got. [Linked Image]
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
I like the store bought ones. Larry’s or some brand. 2 halves for $1.50. Microwave.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
Looks good
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
Thanks Louis , simple dish. good enough for me tonight.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
Thank goodness you didn't have bell pepper to ruin a good looking dish.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
Wife makes them quite often using canned tuna.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Ever see them big azz cans of tuna @ WM?

Great for feeding an army.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
Wife fixes them a lot, especially during the holidays. I don't care to doctor them up too much, just a little cheese, bacon and sour cream.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
i do them once in a while and prefer to use the biggest tators i can find. bake them in foil and then gut them good and mix them up with bacon, green onion and sour cream and then bake them all in a casserole dish with just a touch of cheddar sprinkled on top. having grown my own potatoes though, god only knows what chemicals are hiding in the skins of the store bought ones.
Posted By: EdM Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/10/19
My wife will make a large "batch" and freeze them. Handy to have around.
Posted By: SandraUlrich Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/13/19
That's tasty! Thanks for the photo. I want to do it also, as I see it here. Yours was beautiful)
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Expression of sympathy from here.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/13/19
We still had some in the freezer left from Christmas. Took one out and had it for lunch.
Posted By: fink65 Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/13/19
A little green onion to go with the sour cream, bacon and cheese. Helps to bring out the best in those.
Posted By: captdavid Re: Twice Baked Potato - 02/22/19
No offense to anyone, we like what we like, but I don't like bacon. or fish in mine. I also can't believe anyone microwaves or bakes a potato wrapped in foil cooked in an oven. Please wash potato, cover with light film of oil, cook in a 375% oven for 45 min depending on size. When it's almost done pierce it a couple of times with a fork. once one bakes a potato that way one never goes back! capt david
Posted By: Flyer01 Re: Twice Baked Potato - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by captdavid
No offense to anyone, we like what we like, but I don't like bacon. or fish in mine. I also can't believe anyone microwaves or bakes a potato wrapped in foil cooked in an oven. Please wash potato, cover with light film of oil, cook in a 375% oven for 45 min depending on size. When it's almost done pierce it a couple of times with a fork. once one bakes a potato that way one never goes back! capt david

I agree 100%

I also roll them in coarse kosher salt and coarse fresh ground pepper. Potato skins are the best.

Another favorite is to scoop out some of the center fill with homemade chili top with grated cheese and sour cream, when I do these I roll them in kosher salt a little red pepper flakes and some chili powder, prior to baking.

F
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Twice Baked Potato - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by captdavid
... I also can't believe anyone microwaves or bakes a potato wrapped in foil cooked in an oven. Please wash potato, cover with light film of oil, cook in a 375% oven for 45 min depending on size...capt david

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Those potatoes steamed in foil are a complete abomination foisted on people by those too lazy to do it right!

An air fryer also does a wonderful job of making a real baked potato - rub with oil, sprinkle with coarse salt.
© 24hourcampfire