Home
Posted By: wabigoon Tea Time? - 02/10/19
I'm enjoy a hot cup of tea on this winter afternoon. [Linked Image]

Any fellow tea drinkers?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
Iced tea only. Never had hot tea, except for a spiced hot tea once during the holidays.
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
I usually only drink hot tea at work, after I have had my morning coffee. Everyone knows that if they decide they want tea, that my stash of 8 or nine different types/flavors, is always open too them. Around the house, it is usually only ice tea, 365 days a year.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
Not unless theres some cookies involved.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
Love the Red Rose with a little milk and honey!
Also Constant Comment, prefer tea when I am hunting to coffee.
Posted By: Judman Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
Dig the chai tea, momma makes some perty good stuff...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Tea Time? - 02/10/19
Coffee black. (No cigarettes)

But tea needs milk and sugar.

This morning i had a craving for peanut butter and grape jelly on toast dunked in tea.
Now that's eatin'.😉
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I drink several cups of tea a day. Not interested in herbal teas, just give me a regular cup of tea, thanks.
I could give up coffee entirely quite easily but tea would be tougher!
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Ground loosens up a bit around here, it'll be just about prime time to yank up a batch of sassafras. That's my favorite poison when it comes to tea.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Two or three cups of coffee in the morning, water while I work, afternoon starts coming around I drink about three or four cups of tea. Anything with valerian root or skullcap, or just black tea. Couple of beers in the evenings then lights out.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Usually drink iced tea for breakfast. Drank Irish breakfast tea for a while but I have to be pretty cold in order to enjoy a hot beverage
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Twinning's breakfast K cups.
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
My favorite is Irish Breakfast Tea.

I have several cups a day.

I probably have 15 to 20 different teas in the cupboard and drink them as the mood hits me but I tend to stick with the Irish Breakfast Tea.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I occasionally have a cup or two of roasted dandelion root tea. It's good stuff.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Red Rose Orange Pekoe, Red Rose Canadian Breakfast, Twinings Earl Grey and Twinings Gunpowder Green Tea.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I drink ice tea year around. 2 blacks and 1 green in a gal jug. Rarely drink hot tea.
Posted By: fremont Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Every day of my life. I love the smell and taste of coffee, but it sadly doesn't like me.

I buy loose leaf and make my own blend. Milk and a sugar cube.

As far as bagged tea, I was raised on Red Rose but, oddly, have acquired a taste for Nescafe after trying it at a Best Western. It's better than Red Rose or Lipton IMHO. Give a try if you can find it.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I drink a lot of Southern style sweet tea. If I make hot tea, it’s Lapsang Souchong from Chine. It’s a smoky flavored black tea. I love it
Posted By: djb Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
Green tea with honey. Hot or cold.
Posted By: Owl Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I was turned onto tea when I lived in Northern BC. I usually have 6-8 cups per week. Sometimes more.

I like green tea, matcha, flavored teas like Earl Grey and Constant Comet. I also enjoy just plain old black teas.

Sometime I make homemade cinnamon tea and add star anise to it.

I also enjoy herbal teas. In the summer I truly enjoy homemade iced hibiscus tea.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Tea Time? - 02/11/19
I also enjoy a nice hot "cuppa." I like black, green, white, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Lapsang Souchong, jasmine, English and Irish breakfast, but don't enjoy chai. I drink them unaltered most of the time, but do enjoy a touch of honey and lemon, I find that honey tea seems to warm me up better than coffee when I'm out in the winter.

One of the finer bits of civilized life is the afternoon tea, with a selection of pastries and finger sandwiches. (No, I'm not going metrosexual.) One of the better English ideas.

Iced tea (unsweetened) is a summer drink. Hot tea is for winter. In fact, I'm about to go pour one right now. Green today, I think.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
Russian black (caravan) tea for me! Enjoying a nice hot cup as I write.

Somewhere I had a piece of chinese brick tea I used to carry in my haversack for refreshment.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I drink a lot of Southern style sweet tea. If I make hot tea, it’s Lapsang Souchong from Chine. It’s a smoky flavored black tea. I love it

Lapsang Souchong!
Good stuff!!!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
I still don't understand the business of leaving the bag in the cup while drinking it so that the tea gets stronger and stronger as the volume of liquid decreases.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
I pull the bag, and use it once more.
Posted By: fremont Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
One of the finer bits of civilized life is the afternoon tea, with a selection of pastries and finger sandwiches. (No, I'm not going metrosexual.) One of the better English ideas.

Assumed a London afternoon tea was going to be a big ripoff. Turned out being one of the nicest parts of the visit. We were there almost 3 hours. Delightful.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
'Nother Lapsang Souchoug fan here!

I drink a 16 oz. mug of it "black" every morning.

I like strong tea. Going to have to try the Russian and Irish teas.

Virgil B.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Tea Time? - 02/12/19
I've never been a big fan of Tea (iced or hot) but with this ongoing stomach problem I've been suffering my morning cup of coffee has really been causing turmoil in my gut so after seeing this thread I picked up a box of Red Rose Original yesterday. I'm finishing up my first cup right now and to my surprise it tastes pretty dam good and seems to be getting along with the stomach pretty well.

I won't be running out and picking up a Tea Set or shopping for Crumpets anytime soon (even though I do have a British last name) but so far so good.

I also picked up a a box of Taylors Yorkshire Tea that was on sale....10 bags for a dollar....that I'll try some this afternoon and report back.
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by fremont
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Assumed a London afternoon tea was going to be a big ripoff. Turned out being one of the nicest parts of the visit. We were there almost 3 hours. Delightful.

You are both so right.

One of my best memories of London was my first visit there and having afternoon tea and finger sandwiches in the afternoon followed by a flight of scotch. It was something wonderful and an entirely new experience for me.

It is also the only place I've ever been where the hotel ironed my newspaper every morning. Ironing set the ink so that you did not get any of the ink on your hands.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
Ice tea year round.

Hot tea during the winter after supper . Constant Comment, Earl Grey, Djarling, and Jasmine are my favorites. Have a cup of CC on the desk right now.

Occasionally like a bit of CC mixed in with regular to add a bit of additional spice to ice tea.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
I do enjoy a cup of Earl Grey on occasion.
Posted By: fremont Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
When pulled into a coffee joint by a friend looking for an afternoon fix, I'll sometimes order a London Fog.....Earl Grey with steamed milk, vanilla and some sugar IIRC. Pretty darn tasty.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
FieldGrade;

I had the same problem with coffee bothering my guts.

Started drinking tea, and NO more problems!

Virgil B.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
I like tea.

Coffee I drink solely for effect. Tea I can enjoy.
Posted By: fremont Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I had the same problem with coffee bothering my guts.

Started drinking tea, and NO more problems!

Ditto except I found I can roil my guts with too much loose leaf steeping. I use 1 rounded tsp for a pot that holds 10-12 oz. Plenty strong for me. Used 2 tsps before that and noticed problems.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
Grand Pa, a carpenter, always had steaming hot tea, every break, on the work site.

He told me that, if you drink hot black tea, when it's smoking hot out, It'll make you sweat more, which in turn, cools you off !

It works !
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Tea Time? - 02/13/19
I had a cup of the Taylors this morning......it's very similar to the Red Rose., They're both good.
Posted By: fremont Re: Tea Time? - 02/17/19
Bought a small tin of Lapsang Souchong and made a pot this PM. Was kind of intimidated with the smoky smell, but it brewed into a nice cup with lots of tea flavor. Different but very satisfying; thanks for the tip.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Tea Time? - 02/17/19
I'm enjoying my new membership in the Tea Party but it sure stains my old diner cups.
I had to dedicate one as the official tea cup.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Tea Time? - 02/17/19
Milos sweet tea.

Your welcome...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tea Time? - 02/17/19
© 24hourcampfire