Home
How does the 'fire crew pass food around the table? Left, to right, or the other way around?
It's a traffic jam at family dinners here. blush
In the Middle and count the three.
Clockwise, usually.

The dish starts with the wife and ends with me.

We are pretty flexible in this regard.
Still to this day I wont take the last of something.

Its kind of a fight, but I always like to eat last. Doesn't matter if its lunch at the fire hall during training, or at my house.

Only exception I make is at dad's house. He eats last up there.
Starts and ends with me... I'm always alone...
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That reminds me of home.

We pass around in no particular order. Different dishes in opposite directions. Sometimes just set in the middle and help yourself. More rarely served from the kitchen such as chili or soup.
My dear mother used to joke, "One foot on the floor, boarding house rules"
Thought that was pool hall rules.
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That reminds me of home.

We pass around in no particular order. Different dishes in opposite directions. Sometimes just set in the middle and help yourself. More rarely served from the kitchen such as chili or soup.

Sounds very familiar.
To all, laugh laugh Good eggs!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Clockwise, usually.

Of course. We're in the northern hemisphere after All.
Posted By: 79S Re: Passing Food Around the Table? - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Clockwise, usually.

Of course. We're in the northern hemisphere after All.

Future Kenai representive for district 30.. smart, witty and gosh darn it people like me! Mike for district 30
Not the OP's question, but I really enjoy dinner at our friends' house where you don't begin eating before the hostess. Civilized.
As it should be.
In the upper Midwest the last piece of anything is the "guilt" piece that no one can eat.
We never can get all the dishes passed in the same direction without some stern instruction in my family. laugh
Deal to your left.
At grandmas there was no question, you passed to the left. Everybody (oftentimes 25+) was on the same page. I always find it amusing at others houses where some are passing left. Some are passing right. Some are free for alling. Some aren’t passing anything, just eating and holding the line up.
Clockwise of course!
Posted By: EdM Re: Passing Food Around the Table? - 02/16/19
Just the two of us...
Posted By: sse Re: Passing Food Around the Table? - 02/20/19
Well, if you must know...

At our family gatherings, most disputes are handled nicely within the Marques of Queensbury Rules.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire