Home
Posted By: wabigoon Oven Brisket? - 03/02/19
A family get-to-gather for grandtwins 21'st birthday coming up. Brisket sound good, but the weather don't.

Ideas on doing the brisket in the oven?
Posted By: super T Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/02/19
Google, Texas oven roasted beef brisket. It's not the real McCoy, but a very good recipe when the weather isn't cooperating.
Posted By: Mohawk Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/02/19
Oven roasting bags like you would cook a Turkey in is your friend. I spice up a brisket and put it in a bag with some Worchester sauce and some liquid smoke. After it is cooked I put it in the pan and cover and refrigerate it over night. I then skim off as much of the fat as possible form the brisket and the drippings. Slice the Brisket across the grain and put back in the pan with the drippings. Cover with foil and reheat in the oven. I don't really have a specific recipe I just play with the spices.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/02/19
Season brisket place directly on rack in oven with foil pan underneath it 225 degrees till done
Posted By: deflave Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
Lots of ways to skin this cat.

If you are wanting to do a full packer brisket you should handle it different than a small slab.

What are you wanting to do exactly? And for how many people?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
We just ate some oven pork ribs.

They were good.

That makes me an expert now.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
Did mine covered in foil with Pepperoncini’s. Thought it turned out quite nice. Perfect for me as I am NO fan of smoked meats.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Did mine covered in foil with Pepperoncini’s. Thought it turned out quite nice. Perfect for me as I am NO fan of smoked meats.

Sorta like that Mississippi pot roast I hear about?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Have not heard of that but it was sure good.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19
Here's the thing. cry[Linked Image]
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/03/19

I had to google Mississippi Pot Roast. It looks delicious.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Mississippi roast is great. We do it all the time with game, use our own seasoning blends. Those ranch dressing packets got some weird ingredients.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Mississippi roast is great. We do it all the time with game, use our own seasoning blends. Those ranch dressing packets got some weird ingredients.

In my 68 years I've never heard of anyone dying from Ranch Dressing or Onion gravy Mix so I'll take my chances.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19

In my 68 years I've never heard of anyone dying from Ranch Dressing or Onion gravy Mix so I'll take my chances.

Still listed as missing..............bodies have yet to be found.

laugh
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19

Well, sounds like a perfect slate for Whataburger's Jalapeno Ranch dressing. OMG!!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19
I'd get MossyMo to cook for you !
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19
That does sound like a plan Paul.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Oven Brisket? - 03/04/19
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Still listed as missing..............bodies have yet to be found.

laugh

laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire