Home
Posted By: wabigoon Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/15/19
I bought a few chicken feet. Soup is as brave as I feel. I'll try to start them simmering in a bit to make stock. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Remsen Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/16/19
I just finished a big pot of stock with a few pounds of feet. The key is to let them simmer (just a bit above the lowest setting) for at least 2 days.
30 seconds in the microwave, little salt, put in mouth and chew.
-jake
Paws??
Fuggn disgusting, disgusting I say. Just fuggn disgusting.
I got a corn or two I'll scrape off for you to throw in the pot.
Posted By: DW7 Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/16/19
Chicken feet and dumplings, hard to beat.
I've only seen them once but I wasn't aware what people did with them at the time.

Now that I know I'll try making some stock with some if I ever see em again.
Both grandmothers used them all the time to make their different "ethnic" soups. Dont see it that much anymore. Cousin and I used to have chicken feet fights with the used feet. Good ol' pre internet video game days.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
You paid actual money for those?
By early August I'll have a couple dozen for anyone who wants them. Free.

FTF only. wink
Posted By: Remsen Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
I know the feet aren't appetizing in appearance, but everyone who has ever tried the chicken soup I make with the feet (for the stock only, the feet are removed when the broth is strained) has commented how rich and chicken-y the soup is. Even my wife, who balks at things like shrimp with their heads on, totally loves soup made with the chicken feet.
Posted By: Judman Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
Originally Posted by Remsen
I know the feet aren't appetizing in appearance, but everyone who has ever tried the chicken soup I make with the feet (for the stock only, the feet are removed when the broth is strained) has commented how rich and chicken-y the soup is. Even my wife, who balks at things like shrimp with their heads on, totally loves soup made with the chicken feet.

Remsen, do you skin them or are they ready right outta the pack? I’m gonna run it on your recommendation. Thanks
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
I have them cooked down, the liquid is in the freezer.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Remsen

Remsen, do you skin them or are they ready right outta the pack? I’m gonna run it on your recommendation. Thanks

They go straight from the package into the stock pot. The nice thing about store bought is that the feet are already cleaned. The skin is a big part of the flavor you get, so if you have to skin them the feet probably won't add much flavor. Once the feet have simmered for a few days, though, I remove all solids from the stockpot and the dogs get that stuff.
Thanks man
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Paws??

Yeah Jim! LOL! I saw that! Reminds me of this!

[Linked Image]
The skin is a big part of the flavor because they walk around in chicken crap all their lives
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The skin is a big part of the flavor because they walk around in chicken crap all their lives

Lmfao!! 🤣🤣

Lmfao!! 🤣🤣

That’s why Remsen simmers em for two days! Get all that white stuff out from under their claws!!! He’s thorough!!!

😉
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/17/19
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Lmfao!! 🤣🤣

That’s why Remsen simmers em for two days! Get all that white stuff out from under their claws!!! He’s thorough!!!

😉

Yum, chicken toe jam.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/18/19
Cook em like chitlins...water salt and boil the schit out of em.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Paws??

Yeah Jim! LOL! I saw that! Reminds me of this!

[Linked Image]

There you go horning up Paddler!
In Thailand they serve them lots of different ways and they are good lots of those ways.
Posted By: sse Re: Well, I Went, an Done it. - 04/22/19
Originally Posted by ironbender

FTF only. wink

WTH, i can get crab legs overnighted from AK...
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by ironbender

FTF only. wink

WTH, i can get crab legs overnighted from AK...

Alright then. I'll check on shipping.
© 24hourcampfire