Home
Posted By: Judman Golden grilled onions for Jack - 06/01/19
Here ya go pard, never tried em but I will eventually
[Linked Image]
The best way I've found is after you take the onions out of the cold water cut them so they kind of "flower". Put all of your seasonings on with about four good pats of butter and the wrap them tightly in foil to hold them together while they cook. Pull them off when they are tender, usually about 1hour at 325*, but I have cooked them at 250* in my smoker for longer just adjusted the time. It will run your wife and or significant other out of bed and keep you regular. Win..win!! smile
🤣🤣🤣nice
I’ve got this saved to try soon.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/...-bacon-wrapped-french-vidalia-onion.html
Thanks Jman
I found that recipe in a Google search 264.
Looks damn good. Might try that tomorrow evening.
Bought two 10lb bags of vidalias from daughter's boyfriend for a sports fundraiser. Hate to chop and freeze all of em.
[Linked Image]

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/almost-famous-bloomin-onion-recipe-2012467
My wife and I have made the blooming onions before.
We’ve got the outbacks recipe nailed to perfection and I even have their bread nailed down too.
My steaks are way better though.
Posted By: sse Re: Golden grilled onions for Jack - 06/08/19

bloomin onion from the expat
Tom,
What is the recipe?
Or try Bacon and Blue Cheese stuffed Onions.

Half then remove center of a large sweet (Vidalia or Walla Walla) onion to make a cup.

Rub with olive oil and sear on hot grill for 8-10 minutes, turning often.

Meanwhile, mix blue cheese crumbles, cooked bacon bits, butter, a pinch of dried thyme, salt and pepper.

Remove onions from grill, stuff the cups with mixture, and wrap with foil.

Return wrapped onions to medium (350-400°F) grill for 20-30 minutes. Use two-zone or upper rack.
That sounds damn good
Originally Posted by Tom264
My wife and I have made the blooming onions before.
We’ve got the outbacks recipe nailed to perfection and I even have their bread nailed down too.
My steaks are way better though.

No doubt.

I go to Outback when only I get gift cards. Now they're used on appetizers and drinks, the steaks having lowered in quality over time.
I cooked a Vidalia on the grill last night that was crazy good and super easy.

I had some sliced "Burger bleu cheese" that is just plain hard to eat on a burger as it is REALLY stanky.

Sliced a Vidalia in 3rds, bit of EVOO between layers with a piece of a slice of that bleu cheese.

Wrapped in foil and on the grill @ 350 for a few hours.

Very rich flavor and incredibly good with a pork chop.

Will be on the menu again for certain.
When I worked in Mexico for a year we frequented an Argentinian steakhouse. Best steaks I’ve ever eaten.

Anyway, they served a grilled onion that was awesome. Sort of cut to “flower, but not much. Then somehow they grilled it with butter and Worcestershire sauce. Served as a side, onion cooked down to a soft state. Liquid evaporated leaving the strong Worcestershire flavor. Good stuff.
© 24hourcampfire