Home
I used to make boiled coffee while camping, by dumping some ground coffee in the boiling water, letting it boil, take off the fire, then dumping some cold water in , to settle the grounds.

It's been so many years, 30 or more, that I can't remember how much coffee to how much water, or how much cold water.

Anyone else remember the recipe?

Thanks! Virgil B.
I use a Billy Pail, a handful of coffee, pail about 2/3's full and 1/2 cup of cold water to settle the grounds . Can't be to strong and if someone e complains- I really don't care.
Strain the floaters with your moustache.
Can't beat a boil up, imo....Good luck
Big ol thread on the subject around here somewheres
I use boiling water and a tube of that Trader Joe's instant coffee. Sugar and creamer already in it. Beats cowboy coffee all to hell. smile
That high grade instant coffee is very convenient, tasty and economical.

Its nice though if you have a camp running for a few days or more to make a fresh pot of coffee. Especially if you have a down day sitting around playing poker etc...
We use a camp percolator & fresh medium ground coffee. the finer you grind, the more bitter & more "floaties" you get.

Bring to rolling boil, turn right down & simmer for about 5 minutes.

Let settle & enjoy.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Its nice though if you have a camp running for a few days or more to make a fresh pot of coffee. Especially if you have a down day sitting around playing poker etc...

What the hell?

Gawddamn city people.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What the hell?

You know you love us. Don't play hard to get big man.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What the hell?

You know you love us. Don't play hard to get big man.

Ah heered tell that he got a purty mouth.

BP...
boilerpig1

Thanks for posting the video!

GREAT information! That was what I was looking for!

Virgil B.
boilerpig1

Thanks for posting the video!

GREAT information! That was what I was looking for!

Virgil B.
© 24hourcampfire