Home
Posted By: RNF Hatch Peppers - 08/17/19
Anyone else like them. The wife and I roasted, pulled the skin, deseeded, chopped, packaged and and froze a 25 lbs box yesterday evening.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jd9770 Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/17/19
Love them. I brought some home last week when I came home from NM.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/17/19
how hot are they ?
Posted By: TheKid Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/17/19
They’ve finally arrived at our little grocery store this week. I’ll be peeling and freezing a years worth soon. Having green chili enchiladas for supper at a birthday party here in an hour or so.
Posted By: JustinL1 Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/17/19
A local brewery uses them to make a beer...best beer I’ve ever had.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
I cleaned up about 15lbs worth today, freshly roasted at the local HEB. Love the darn things, especially in smoked meatloaf and mac & cheese.
Posted By: EdM Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
Originally Posted by 44mc
how hot are they ?

I have bought some that were very hot (and labeled so) and some that were very mild (also labeled so). As JG noted, I get them at HEB.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
Love roasted green chilies, buy a couple of sacks a year. Buy a local variety grown around Pueblo, CO just as good.
Posted By: RNF Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
Originally Posted by 44mc
how hot are they ?

I bought the mediums which have a little heat . You can purchase mild, medium, hot and very hot.
Posted By: RNF Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
JGRaider,

I will try them in the meatloaf and mac & cheese. I use them in lots of beans and soup recipes and scrambled with eggs in the mornings.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Hatch Peppers - 08/18/19
They should just be coming on strong.
Lucky are those that are able to get them roasted on site of purchase.
Hope to bring back a cooler full next month.
Likely to be towards the end of season, but I'm betting I can find some somewhere.
© 24hourcampfire