Home
Posted By: auk1124 Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Going into the holidays, I relax my diet a little and have more cheats than normal. I have a horrible sugar addiction, so this time of the year I usually get to sample some of the limited release junk food that always floats around. Here are my two cents on some of the junk food usually seen this time of year:

Pumpkin Pie M&Ms: my favorite of the M&M limited releases. They are delicious when added to Betty Crocker pumpkin bar mix (another great limited release product), or on their own.

Pecan Pie M&Ms: gross. Taste nothing like pecan pie. Bitter, nasty. Avoid.

Candy Corn M&Ms: cloyingly sweet, Which is really saying something for M&Ms. Quickly become overwhelming.

Pumpkin Pie Kit Kats: again, overwhelming. Kit Kats aren't my favorite anyway, and these do not improve on the regular chocolate variety. Weird Graham flavored wafers, coated in orange coating that has a super blast of pumpkin pie spice. I like pumpkin spice, but these suckers are too much of a good thing.

Little Debbie Pumpkin Rolls: the Apex Predator of pumpkin junk food. Great pumpkin spice flavor in the cake, and full of that luscious chemical-and-shortening cream filling that makes Little Debbie the favorite of many a good Southern fat boy. Get a box, eat all of them, and spend the rest of the day with a stomach ache and a strong sense of shame.
Not really junk food, but Pumpkin flavored Frosted Mini Wheats are bang'in.
I like both Pumpkin pie and Sweet potato pie, which are similar. Beyond that Leave the pumpkin spices out of everything else. miles
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I really like regular Frosted Mini Wheats, so I'm sure I'd go nuts for these. I will have to try them sometime. I notice Cheerios also does a pumpkin limited release; need to try them too.
Originally Posted by milespatton
I like both Pumpkin pie and Sweet potato pie, which are similar. Beyond that Leave the pumpkin spices out of everything else. miles

Agreed. I am so sick of hearing "pumpkin spice..." It's nutmeg, dammit!

I'm not the only one, I think. The other day I saw a tire shop advertising "Pumpkin Spice Snow Tires".
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Agreed. I am so sick of hearing "pumpkin spice..." It's nutmeg, dammit!

I'm not the only one, I think. The other day I saw a tire shop advertising "Pumpkin Spice Snow Tires".

Complete agreement on being fed up with "pumpkin spice".
Pumpkin oreos are good.

Homemade pumpkin spice bars made with Indian Doll pumpkin are really good.
I agree that it has its place, but that place is not everyfreakingwhere.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
You can have every morsel of my share - of ALL that junk.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Don't eat much for junk food, so ................ not for me.

Punkin pie for Thanksgiving is a different proposition though.

Luckily there are 2 Thanksgivings in North America !

wink
I'm not much for sweets or junk food but my favorite brewery....Deschutes' seasonal IPA (slightly Exaggerated) just hit the shelves.

I'm pretty happy about that. The store only had two 12 packs left but I bought em both.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Carmel wrapped apple, on a stick.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Don't eat much for junk food, so ................ not for me.

Punkin pie for Thanksgiving is a different proposition though.

Luckily there are 2 Thanksgivings in North America !

wink

Pumpkin pie is not junk food, it is one of the essentials for a balanced Thanksgiving meal. wink
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Never had a good one of those.

Always the kind from a plastic container with a mealy apple.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
Big Jim, a crisp apple keeps the candy from stikkkii to your teeth. laugh
Good advice.

I could make one for myself I guess. Trouble is you cant buy a good apple up here.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/04/19
https://www.savannahcandy.com/our_locations

Best caramel apples I've ever had. Softball sized, fresh crisp Granny Smith apples, and really good caramel made and applied in the store. Fresh nuts to coat them too (try the pecan caramel apple).

Worth a visit for anyone who likes caramel apples and happens to be near one of their locations. Try a gopher (southern version of turtle candy) and some pralines while you are there too.
We went to town yesterday and got our yearly dose of pumpkin flavored ice cream
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Love those things! Mom always made us homemade ones that were double dipped when we were growing up.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/05/19
I don't like anything flavored with pumpkin spice. Don't really care for pumpkin pie, although I can eat it if I have to.
Is Halloween a Holiday now?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/06/19
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I really like regular Frosted Mini Wheats, so I'm sure I'd go nuts for these. I will have to try them sometime. I notice Cheerios also does a pumpkin limited release; need to try them too.

Not frosted, but Kashi Cinnamon Harvest mini wheats are very good without the sugar coat.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/06/19

I'm not much for PPS on everything but it is also good on Acorn and Butternut squash with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/06/19
Well now, that's a different pot of pilchards. Butter, honey, and nutmeg on a baked acorn squash is wonderful. I halve them and put the goodies in the hollow, then bake.

Other than that, a slice of pumpkin pie at T'Giving will do me as far as PPS is concerned. PPS flavored everything? No.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/06/19
By the way Rocky, what took you so long to find us down here? laugh
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/08/19
I come here regularly, but I mostly read. It's fairly rare that I can make a cogent contribution to comestible cookery.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Fall flavored junk food. - 10/08/19
Ok, you made my wife do it ya dumba$$es !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cinnamon & nutmeg "healthy" pancakes.
© 24hourcampfire