Home
Posted By: wabigoon Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Ever impulse buy? I once went into Fairway for one green pepper, and walked out fifty dollars poorer. laugh
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
No.....I'm lucky if I even get all the stuff on my list.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Grocery stores are my only vice.

Okay....one of my only vices.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Eat before you go.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Every once in a while I see something I didn't know I needed Jim but I have such a hard time finding all the chit on my list by the time I do I can't get out of there fast enough.

I've often said that if I were ever to become president the first thing I'd do would be to mandate that the lay out of all grocery stores are the same..
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
I try to force myself to avoid the Cookie and Candy isles.
But I’m not very good at it. 😬
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
I retired about 5 years before my wife so during that time one of my chores was the grocery shopping and fixing most of the dinners. Now she's retired and she took back over the grocery shopping. I actually enjoyed going to the store and yes, there were a lot of impulse buys. As well as whatever was on the list, if something looked good or was on sale, into the cart it went. I never really had meal plans because I rarely cook from a recipe but with the basics and whatever else looked good it worked out.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
I used to like shopping at midnight. Local stores similar to Wincos used to stay open 24hours.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I used to like shopping at midnight. Local stores similar to Wincos used to stay open 24hours.

That’s the best time to grab one of those electric carts and drive around on one of em and run over all the fat people driving them. 😜
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That’s the best time to grab one of those electric carts and drive around on one of em and run over all the fat people driving them. 😜

Death Race, Fatcity edition. I AM Frankushtien.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Yes, Deb prefers to shop without me !
Posted By: Pugs Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ever impulse buy? I once went into Fairway for one green pepper, and walked out fifty dollars poorer. laugh

If it was a Whole Foods that meant you bought 2 green peppers. grin

I go with a list but have to admit to temptation, especially at the Wegmans cheese counter.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Cheese and dry sausages like salamis or pepperoni. I’m a sucker for snacking on pepperoni and cheese or hard salami and cheese. Have to try out all the new brands and styles that catch my eye.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Supermarket Shopping - 10/09/19
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Every once in a while I see something I didn't know I needed Jim but I have such a hard time finding all the chit on my list by the time I do I can't get out of there fast enough.

I've often said that if I were ever to become president the first thing I'd do would be to mandate that the lay out of all grocery stores are the same..

If I had a nickle for every time I was standing in the isle that contained the item I just asked the teenager to help me find....
© 24hourcampfire