Home
Posted By: 284LUVR Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
Got to pondering a bunch of radishes in the veggie section while shopping awhile back and realized I only used them in my salads

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ?

Bought a bunch and tossed 'em in the fridge when I got home. to decide their fate which I solved by adding a generous handful to a pot of beef stew. WOW delish

Other suggestions ???
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
A handful to munch on along with some potato chips makes a great snack.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20

Chilled with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
I've never cooked a radish. I like em raw!

I'd like to raise, or find some white radishes.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
Love em with a little salt or in a salad.
Posted By: Flyer01 Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
Slice and fry in butter like you would potato. Season with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning.

Eat them that way when I'm on a keto diet

F
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
I like them sliced raw in soups as a condiment.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
We grow a ton (literally) of daikon radishes on the farm as forage for the cattle and I always grab a bunch to pickle. I love raw daikon too, but a properly pickled daikon (done in the same way as pickling cucumbers) not only lasts a long time, it's a great pickle.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/14/20
If you plant them, get German Giants from Gurney's.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
They are using radishes, and turnups as cover crop. Some of those are huge. No idea how the eat.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
I grow a bunch of them in the spring. Plant them around the cucumber vines. They're done by the time the cucumber vines need the space. Working on the timing for fall radishes. I mostly eat them raw but I've had them pickled.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
Sliced on your tacos is a great way to use them. Peppery crunch!
Posted By: longarm Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Terryk Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
I just eat them sliced with salt.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Sliced on your tacos is a great way to use them. Peppery crunch!

That is what I use them for.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Remsen
We grow a ton (literally) of daikon radishes on the farm as forage for the cattle and I always grab a bunch to pickle. I love raw daikon too, but a properly pickled daikon (done in the same way as pickling cucumbers) not only lasts a long time, it's a great pickle.

Agreed - I usually slice them as thin as I can on a mandolin before they go in the pickling brine.
Posted By: hatari Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
I must try!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/15/20
I like both the red globes and the white finger kinds, always raw. But they're also good with a sprinkle of Tajin.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/16/20
2 slice s or soft white bread , cover each with butter, 1/8 to 3/16th thick and layer on a dust of salt....slap the other slice on top...good eats oink !
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/16/20
Originally Posted by atvalaska
2 slice s or soft white bread , cover each with butter, 1/8 to 3/16th thick and layer on a dust of salt....slap the other slice on top...good eats oink !

That is EXACTLY the way my grandpa taught me to eat them. Still do to this day.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/16/20
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by atvalaska

That is EXACTLY the way my grandpa taught me to eat them. Still do to this day.

I eat them like this occasionally. My grandmother taught me to eat a sandwich of two slices of buttered white bread with sliced onion between them.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/17/20
Eat a couple of radish sandwiches and chase it down with a Coke. Your belches will clear a room!! eek
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Radish Fans ?? - 01/17/20
Sliced thin on a mandolin and added to a tray of cold cuts, crackers and cheeses. Similarly sliced cucumber added to the tray is also good.
© 24hourcampfire