Home
Posted By: wabigoon Little Jokes About Food. - 01/28/20
My mother told me the first year they were on the farm. They had no money, potatoes in the garden she watered with a bucket, no rain. Hens that laid eggs. They ate potatoes, and eggs till they got tried of that. Then they ate eggs, and potatoes.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/28/20
Sort of reminds me of the kuchen recipe handed down in my wife's family: take a 50# bag of flour, add one egg, 2 cups of milk, one apple sliced thin, and say the word "sugar" twice. Bake until done. (Something like that, anyway, I can't remember the exact recipe, but the amounts are very close to accurate.)
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/28/20
"If we had some ham, we could have some ham, and eggs, if we had some eggs."
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/28/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"If we had some ham, we could have some ham, and eggs, if we had some eggs."

Stone Soup
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/29/20
Hot dogs for lunch, wiener water soup with ramen noodles for supper. Pretty much what my buddy and I had when we moved into our first apartment.
There is a joke about wiener water in there somewhere, but I'll let sleeping dogs lie..........
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/29/20
The story about building the Canadian Pacific railway. The surveyor Rogers, known to go for days taking nothing but a plug of tobacco, and a handful of dry beans to eat.

His men wrote William Van Horne complaining that Rogers fed them nothing but beans boiled n a ham canvas.

When Van Horne made a visit to check it out, and Van Horne asked Rogers about it, Rogers was hurt. "It ain;t so Van, you know I've never had any hams."
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 01/29/20
Just Grain Belt
Posted By: super T Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 02/01/20
A pine float, a glass of water and a tooth pick.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 02/03/20
Where was the fist French fry cooked? In France, no, Greece.
Posted By: JJF Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 02/04/20
A fellow worker once told me that he was so poor, that all his family had to eat was poke n grits - poke your feet under the table and grit your teeth.
I remember a carp recipe that I read about. Take a cedar plank, place fillets of carp on the plank and season with garlic powder salt and pepper and dill if you have it. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until the fish flakes. Remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes, Then grab a spatula, lean the board over the garbage can, scrape the fish into the can and eat the plank.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Little Jokes About Food. - 02/06/20
You made a heck of joke here butt im not sure you may realize what it is. 😎

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Where was the fist French fry cooked? In France, no, Greece.
I heard one about grandma went to make biscuits but no water. She went to pee in the bowl of flour and passed gas, blew the flour all over and everyone starved to death.
© 24hourcampfire