Home
A little marinara, some grilled sweet Italian....and an egg. Good eats.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That looks great and I will be trying it.
Always had fried polenta he next morning
That actually does look good.
Italian Shakshuka.

Delectable
A lid was put on to steam. The egg cooks relatively fast so beware.
a/k/a eggs in pergatory...have not made it or tried it, but i know i would love it...have one recipe calling it by the other name mentioned by FCty
I don't mess with eggs, or heat.

Spaghetti, lasagne, stuffed shells, chicken parm...
Any of it can be breakfast. Hot or cold.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Italian Shakshuka.

Delectable

As always Fats guides us towards the light.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/miriamberger/26-reasons-shakshuka-is-the-most-perfect-food

Scroll to #4 to get started. Thanks coach !!!
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Italian Shakshuka.

Delectable

As always Fats guides us towards the light.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/miriamberger/26-reasons-shakshuka-is-the-most-perfect-food

Scroll to #4 to get started. Thanks coach !!!

Edit to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy3mUtlvw84 but my larder is PACKED. Maybe next week grin

Almost endless variations on this and it looks like fun ta boot.
Haven't had a proper shakshuka since the late 90s when I lived and worked in north Fresno. Wonderful Armenian restaurant the family liked that made the best I ever et.
Haven't had a proper shakshuka since the late 90s when I lived and worked in north Fresno. Wonderful Armenian restaurant the family liked that made the best I ever et.

Which restaurant? I may have eaten there myself when my wife lived in the area. I miss the Armenian restaurants and bakeries there.

I could go for a bowl of manti tonight.

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Which restaurant? I may have eaten there myself when my wife lived in the area. I miss the Armenian restaurants and bakeries there.

Geno

Wife and I think it was called Armenia or Armenian. North West Fresno area near the Fig Garden Village.

Sheesh now the wife wants to take a trip to Fresno to get some Khash. Yuk. Ill stick with the grilled lamb shanks and tolmas and cheese plate. Maybe some Keftuh.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Wife and I think it was called Armenia or Armenian. North West Fresno area near the Fig Garden Village.

Sheesh now the wife wants to take a trip to Fresno to get some Khash. Yuk. Ill stick with the grilled lamb shanks and tolmas and cheese plate. Maybe some Keftuh.

If you go, try this one. Used to be owned by a little old guy named Johnny. Quite the character, still came in every day, hands so bent and crippled he could hardly get your plate to you from the kitchen. Always a kind word. Restaurant decorated almost like a shrine to his departed wife. The gal who owns it now, Alla was the cook when we used to go. Menu seems to be the same. Was always hard for me to decide what I wanted to eat, everything was good. Scroll to bottom of menu, Saturday special, Meat Keyma, Armenian version of steak tartar. Not something you find every day......anywhere! The Lamajoune was always good. Heck, most everything was.

https://www.allasfood.com/

There's a couple more but can't remember their names. Johnny's (Alla's) was closest and easy to get to without having to deal with traffic.

Geno
Man, Alla's menu looks great. Our family's favorite ethnic food is Persian, and the recipes seem so similar. Koobideh is ground spiced beef on skewers. That....some basmati.....torshi.....lavash.....maybe some Khoresh e-bademjan (eggplant stew preferably with lentils)....WOOHOO
Originally Posted by fremont
Man, Alla's menu looks great. Our family's favorite ethnic food is Persian, and the recipes seem so similar. Koobideh is ground spiced beef on skewers. That....some basmati.....torshi.....lavash.....maybe some Khoresh e-bademjan (eggplant stew preferably with lentils)....WOOHOO

If you're ever in the Sacramento CA area (Orangevale to be exact) try this place. Wonderful food and great service. And they used to have a belly dancer on Friday evenings on occasion.

http://kolbehkabobrestaurant.com/

this one was my favorite, I'd try other dishes but kept coming back to this:

Ghormeh Sabzi with Lamb (Stew) $15.99
Lamb cooked with a variety of herbs and green leafy vegetables.

And yes, there is a lot of crossover between the Armenian, Persian, and some other Middle Eastern area menus. Lots of Armenians emigrated to Lebanon during and after the "troubles" in the early 20th century, so Lebanese cuisine has some very familiar dishes.

Geno
© 24hourcampfire