Home
Posted By: Ky221 Barred Owl - 01/23/21
Wife got this shot yesterday; an owl had been on her bucket list too.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: jimy Re: Barred Owl - 01/23/21
We have a couple of them around or house, they seem to like people, when we have camp fires they come around and you can see them sitting in the trees, I think they know that we are both enemies of crows and stay close to our homes to avoid the local crows !
And of course eating the chipmunks from our firewood racks is a plus !
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Barred Owl - 01/23/21
I had one of those land in a tree about twenty feet from while while in a tree stand. He stayed and stared at me for about an hour before he made a load hoot and took off. They are cool looking owls!
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Barred Owl - 01/23/21
I had one of those land in a tree about twenty feet from while while in a tree stand. He stayed and stared at me for about an hour before he made a loud hoot and took off. They are cool looking owls!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Barred Owl - 01/23/21
Nice capture lady! Had one about last fall when Cookie was out chasing deer. Only came around late in the evening though. Did catch some of the Great Horns roosting in daylight.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Have a good one,
Posted By: Biebs Re: Barred Owl - 01/23/21
I was in a treestand last year bowhunting when a really nice, but young, 10 point walked under my stand. I though twice but decided to let him pass. I was rewarded a few minutes when a great Horned Owl, landed in a tree not 30 feet from me, followed by his mate a minute later. I watched them bill and coo for a half hour or so until they spotted something out in the field and took off. They're really majestic birds.
© 24hourcampfire