Home
Posted By: Paul39 Value of Old Cameras? - 08/11/21
Do older film cameras have any value or are they just junk? Not talking abut high end items like vintage Leica or Nikon, just basic cameras toward the end of the film era.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/11/21
Little to no value for old consumer level cameras. Quality 35mm or large format hold some value depending on brand and condition.
Smarter Every Day YouTube channel recently featured a story on film photography coming back in popularity. It kind of follows the renewed popularity of vinyl records.
Some folks prefer analog over digital.
Posted By: CameraLand Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/14/21
If they are point and shoots then very little or no value. If they are SLR's then they have some value. PM me with what you have
Posted By: ChrisF Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/15/21
If your point and shoot is an Olympus, shoot me a PM.
Chris.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/16/21
PMs sent.

Thanks.

Paul
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/16/21
Would there be any collector interest in a Yashica D twin lens reflex, with leather case and instruction book?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 08/17/21
Tag
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 09/03/21
Great timing - I've also wondered about some older cameras i got from my dad. Figure most aren't worth much but always wondered about this one. Any idea of where to find out if this has any value or not. Maybe Joel do you have an idea??

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Great timing - I've also wondered about some older cameras i got from my dad. Figure most aren't worth much but always wondered about this one. Any idea of where to find out if this has any value or not. Maybe Joel do you have an idea??

Cool old Leica. Use to have one of their mini’s like that.
Wish I had hung on to it.
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 09/23/21

Your camera is a Leica II f srew mount camera made in 1956. 1,500 were made that year. Over the years the internal parts especially the shutter get sticky because the lubricant starts to resinify/to gum. Try to find a camera doctor who can solve the problem whether you would like to start takting pictures old style again or if you want to sale the treasure.

I used to collect old Leica cameras. Only two are left. A IIf from 1951 and a IIIa from 1938.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

Your camera is a Leica II f srew mount camera made in 1956. 1,500 were made that year. Over the years the internal parts especially the shutter get sticky because the lubricant starts to resinify/to gum. Try to find a camera doctor who can solve the problem whether you would like to start takting pictures old style again or if you want to sale the treasure.

I used to collect old Leica cameras. Only two are left. A IIf from 1951 and a IIIa from 1938.

Any idea at all on what it might be worth - it does seem to work just fine when I tried it a moment ago. Thank you for the information thats much more than I knew about it.
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: Value of Old Cameras? - 09/28/21
On Ebay in Germany they go for 200 to 250 Euros in good working condition. 20 years ago I used to go to camera auctions. The prices were much higher in those days.
© 24hourcampfire