Home
Posted By: dingo Kookaburra - 04/26/22
A Kookaburra sitting on the back fence allowed me to get close enough for a few nice shots .

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Buck52 Re: Kookaburra - 04/26/22
That looks a lot like a kingfisher around here in wy.
Posted By: LeakyWaders Re: Kookaburra - 04/27/22
Very cool. Congrats!!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Kookaburra - 05/01/22
I thought they sat in gum trees. Good captures, and the images take me back to about 1969-70. Hard to get within photo range of our king fishers. I think they're psychic and know precisely when one's index finger is approaching the shutter.
Posted By: dingo Re: Kookaburra - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by 1minute
I thought they sat in gum trees. Good captures, and the images take me back to about 1969-70. Hard to get within photo range of our king fishers. I think they're psychic and know precisely when one's index finger is approaching the shutter.

Kookaburras can become very tame, especially if you feed them. It's quite normal to have them eating out of your hand. My neighbors feed them so they're not afraid when i get close to take a few pics.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Kookaburra - 05/02/22
cool
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Kookaburra - 05/03/22
I thought you just got a Silver Coin from the Perth Mint!
Posted By: dingo Re: Kookaburra - 07/06/22
Here's a few from my backyard yesterday. Kookaburras get used to people very quickly and are easily approached, especially when they see you holding a big lump of minced meat.

Posted By: rufous Re: Kookaburra - 07/06/22
Neat pics and bird. I worked at a winery for a couple months during their harvest back in 1987 and remember seeing a Kookaburra, Galah and Sulfur-crested Cockatoo.
Posted By: dingo Re: Kookaburra - 07/07/22
Originally Posted by rufous
Neat pics and bird. I worked at a winery for a couple months during their harvest back in 1987 and remember seeing a Kookaburra, Galah and Sulfur-crested Cockatoo.

Yeah, we are quite lucky in Australia because we have a large variety of unique birds, especially parrots.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Kookaburra - 07/08/22
Nice shots!
© 24hourcampfire