Home
Posted By: WV_Airedale Picture Scanner - 12/13/22
Looking for recommendations for picture scanner. Wifey wants one for Christmas, we have tons of older photos we would like to scan for posterity.

Thank you and have a blessed day
Posted By: LouisB Re: Picture Scanner - 12/14/22
I have the Kodak "Scanza" that seems to do well with slides.
I is supposed to do slides, negatives and photos (limited size).

Not the cheapest nor most expensive.
Posted By: WV_Airedale Re: Picture Scanner - 12/14/22
Thank you LouisB
Posted By: 1minute Re: Picture Scanner - 12/14/22
Have an Epson printer/scanner/fax unit that does a good job. If one is doing slides though, I'd suggest a dedicated slide scanner. Have used Canon, HP, and Epson, and I'd say they are all equivalent.
Posted By: WV_Airedale Re: Picture Scanner - 12/14/22
We have a slide scanner. My mother over the course of her life took literally thousands of pics on our trips west and had them in slides. Quite the undertaking by my wife to get them all scanned. She now wants a picture scanner for the thousands of pictures she and other family members have.

Tried to visit camera land to ask but for some reason I couldn't get there
Posted By: richj Re: Picture Scanner - 12/15/22
I've got a plain old 3 in 1 Brother printer/scanner/fax machine. It scans photos nicely. Used Gimp software to fix it up.

I scan 4 to 6 photos at a time and edit them (which is slow)

This is before we had a 35mm camera (1976 satin finish photo)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: richj Re: Picture Scanner - 12/26/22
got a Scanza for Christmas. It is easy to use and no PC required.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Picture Scanner - 12/28/22
I have a Canon tank type all-in-one. It does a very good job of scanning photos. For slides, though, it's too slow as it takes time to record and greatly enlarge a slide in detail. If I had a drawer full of slides to scan, it would be worth it buy a dedicated slide scanner.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Picture Scanner - 12/28/22
I scanned all of our families photos on one of Epson's better 3 in 1 printer/ scanners and was very pleased with the results and the tweaks the software allowed.
I had a large collection of slides that I scanned on a Nikon dedicated slide scanner.
My parents had an Epson scanner that did both photos and slides (4 at a time) and the results were quite good.
Posted By: richj Re: Picture Scanner - 01/16/23
These were scaned with the Kodak Scanza from negatives.

Walnut torsion box panels (1/8 ply sandwich panel on 1/2x1/2 pine ladder frame , foam core with walnut and sapele veneer?)

Wenge end pieces. solid walnut front and back.

cleaning kit inspired by a Bish project.

Roberts stock on the Yugo

Posted By: BS2 Re: Picture Scanner - 02/07/23
My graphics arts friend suggested an Epson V700 refurbished. I have done thousands of slides and negatives. Works Great.
© 24hourcampfire