Home
Posted By: Tuffcity Show us your birds of prey - 03/23/10
Everybody admires a stealthy hunter. smile How about the feathered variety? Texgun & 1minute twigged a thought. Hawks, owls, eagles, etc- what's in your album?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

RC
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 03/23/10
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/2minutes/SharpShn.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/2minutes/Ghawk.jpg[/img]

Repeatedly use the Ctrl and + keys to expand the page and the Ctrl and - keys to bring the page back to normal size.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 03/24/10
Ironbender: Was it you that had a nesting pair of baldys nearby last spring? If so, did they fledge anything?

We have good numbers that pause each spring but no nesting baldys here in eastern Oregon.
Posted By: BW Re: Show us your birds of prey - 03/25/10
Eagles seem to be popular...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oops...
Originally Posted by 1minute
Ironbender: Was it you that had a nesting pair of baldys nearby last spring? If so, did they fledge anything?

We have good numbers that pause each spring but no nesting baldys here in eastern Oregon.

Nope, not me. Do wish it though. Would love to see one try to snatch our 22# cat!
I have been told by a FS wildlife bio we do have a very few nesting pairs over here. I have forgotten where he told me though. Perhaps on the Umatilla or Wallowa-Whitman. Do not believe it was on the Malheur.
Great Grey in Grant County, OR.

[Linked Image]
BW, I like the side lighting on #1 and the result on the eye.
Immature bald eagle...

[Linked Image]
Some great birds of pray pictures in this thread.
[color:#FFFFFF]Jesses HuntinG[/color]
Huntsmen Proud NRA Life Member
This girl actually found me. I got up before the rest of the family and hit a small trail around Christopher Creek, AZ a few weeks ago. I suddenly heard a big "swoop" at my head. I found out (after the fact) I was a little close to her nest and she didn't care for that. She took dives at me for the next 15 minutes, but I wasn't about to leave until I was convinced I got a couple good shots.

Does anybody know what kind of bird that is? At first I thought maybe Sharp-Shinned hawk, but now I'm thinking female Coopers Hawk.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ray Re: Show us your birds of prey - 08/01/10
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
ran across these today:

Fred Miranda link

It's apparently possible to get too close sometimes...

photos taken by A.D. Wilson

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wow...those are some awesome shots Utah!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 08/03/10
Ray and Utah: Nice shots. A Virginia friend once sent me a self portrait with a ruffed grouse sitting first on the barrel of his 30-30 and then eventually on his shoulder as he was watching a white tail trail.

Did you call that owl in, or did he just happen by?

The wife has been out chasing hummingbirds for the last couple of days. She's nailed a couple more, but they are still in the camera.
no, I did not take them (see the link in my post)
Posted By: dingo Re: Show us your birds of prey - 09/05/10

While on a recent hunting trip in Western Qld I spotted this Wedge Tailed Eagle nest occupied by a near fully grown fledgling.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 257Rob Re: Show us your birds of prey - 10/31/10
Outstanding... I bet the pucker factor was about 9.732!
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Show us your birds of prey - 11/13/10
Someone should make a calendar out of these!!
I'm very impressed. You have to be essentially a pro to do much raptor photography. Close to the nest, you have to be very careful.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 11/13/10
Took about 50 failures with images of beaks, tails, wing tips, feet, and even empty sky, but the wife nailed this one yesterday. Immature redtail
[Linked Image]
Didn't quite get the whole bird, but I still like it.

Here's the one I got.
[Linked Image]
this picture is about 20 yrs old. Was clearing a lot locally and spotted this Saw Whet owl in a Maple stub...I fetched up my climbing gear and went about 25' up to get the picture....
[Linked Image]
How in the word did you shot that owl?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Show us your birds of prey - 12/08/10
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cal74 Re: Show us your birds of prey - 12/12/10
These were just with a cheap point & shoot

Couple summers ago I was in my back yard practicing with my bow and I looked up and saw these fledglings (Screach Owls)??

Ended up being three young ones and both adults. They were in my back yard for about a week and would let me get fairly close.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 12/12/10
Haha. I got to take a photo! The wife was in the shower and this guy showed up to clear the quail out of our back 40. I seldom get an unsupervised session with her camera. It was a bit gray out as the sun was not up, but I had to take advantage of the opportunity.
[Linked Image]
Sharpshin
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 12/25/10
[Linked Image]

Cooper's hawk. Smacked into our window here Christmas morning and knocked himself out. Actually a bird in the hand. He's back out terrorizing the neighborhood feeders again.
Christmas Morning Visitor
Coopers Hawk showed up at my bird feeder this morning just after daylight. Took pics through a dirty window!! A few minutes later he nailed a sparrow in flight!!!
Boy, they are fast!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 12/26/10
With no Cooper's, Sharp Shinned, Goshawks, or Prairie falcons about we will have around 25 to a hundred California quail around our feeders all day. Let a falcon do a single pass and the quail vaporize showing up only at dusk for a quick bite before bed.
[Linked Image]

I'm not sure which bird this is, but it sure tasted good...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ChrisF Re: Show us your birds of prey - 01/08/11
Not as nice as some here...but my contribution;
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ron Re: Show us your birds of prey - 01/17/11
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

It was a dark, dreary morning but this red shoulder came out pretty well.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ol` Joe Re: Show us your birds of prey - 01/18/11
I like......
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Show us your birds of prey - 02/10/11
Neat! Obviously not a windy day when the frost stays on twigs.
© 24hourcampfire