Home
Posted By: 1minute Cookie got a new lens - 11/22/14
A Canon 500 that really brings in the detail.

Thank you Joel.

Mule deer pair that might make a nice Christmas card.
[Linked Image]
EOS 70 D, F 4.0, 1/164 sec, ISO floating at 320, Exposure bias = +0.3 step

Osprey
[Linked Image]
Same equipment F 6.3, 1/640 sec, ISO floating at 160, exposure bias = 0

One can expand the images to 1024 x ??? by hitting the "reply" button and then backing out.

More to follow as she was out for about 10 days chasing mule deer and any other creature that would pose in zero weather. Sadly though there were lots of Oregon gray days. Have a good one,

Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Cookie got a new lens - 11/22/14
I or II?

Nice pix.

I'm liking my lowly Tamron 150-600mm so far.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Cookie got a new lens - 11/22/14
A past neighbor down in the same area with Cookie was packing a Tamron 150-600. With on camera viewing he was quite happy with the results, but felt slightly hampered in the evenings on the high end. He'd not downloaded anything yet, and did not want to offer up any definitive comments without viewing the final products.
Posted By: DonFischer Re: Cookie got a new lens - 11/22/14
Did she crop out the deer's leg's? That photo is stunning to me other than the bottom of the legs are missing. She really get's a lot of good photo's!
Fair Chase: I just looked and it's II

DonFischer: No cropping there. A frustration with a prime lens and chasing wildlife. One has to take the opportunities Mother Nature presents. Include the feet and the antlers are chopped. Another option is back out, but in the time taken the subject might leave. I guess the answer is to stick with a zoom.

Same issue with this image:
[Linked Image]
F 5.6 at 1/125 ISO 100, Exposure bias = 0

This one was a stretch as the goings on were about 175 yds away about 10 minutes before sunrise. The fight lasted about a minute.
[Linked Image]
F 4 at 1/640 sec, ISO 1250 and no exposure bias

The winner of that altercation. The buck to the right. With fairly light antlers, we were suprised there were no broken tines. Same issue again with chopped legs. The loser did not hang out for photo opts.
[Linked Image]
F 4.0 at 1/640 sec, ISO 320, Exposure bias -0.3 step.
Then I am officially envious and that is one hell of a piece of glass!!
Fair_Chase:
Thanks. I hope it serves her well. Now she just might forgive me for being away for 7 of the last 8 weeks. We need some means of dispersing Sept, Oct, and Nov throughout the year. I came out of the woods and made a phone order through Joel while elking in Wyoming.

A final example and I'll go away. Things do pop when the sun finally comes out in Oregon. A nice 4x5 I wish I'd spotted last season. I think he would do an honest 30+ width.
[Linked Image]
F6.4 at 1/640, ISO floating at 160 and no exposure bias. Also handheld.
Do not go away, keep sharing those great photos.

Has she used a teleconverter on that lens?
Posted By: Cocadori Re: Cookie got a new lens - 11/23/14
I think 500 IS THE BEST walk with you wildlife lens...

Nice stuff... I need me some mulies.
Posted By: DonFischer Re: Cookie got a new lens - 11/23/14
I hear what your saying, some time's ya just gotta take what you can get. That last one is super!
Cookie done good! Fair Chase, I am of course loving my Tamron too!
© 24hourcampfire