Home
Thanksgiving Feast of Savings Rebates from Tamron

Tamron is offering some really inc...me of its lenses until December 31, 2015! Currently there is a $200 rebate on the incredible Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD lens! Here are a list of the lenses and rebates they have on them currently and ending on 12/31/15:

Tamron 16-300mm Di-II VC PZD lens $80

Tamron 18-270mm Di-II VC PZD lens $50

Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens $100

Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD lens $200

Tamron SP 70-300mm Di VC USD lens $100

Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di VC USD lens $100

Tamron SP 150-600mm Di VC USD lens $70

Some of these are the most aggressive rebates I have ever seen on the Tamron lenses! Give Mark a call at Camera Land and get yours ordered today. Get all of your camera gear needs as well. Make sure you let Mark know you are a member of the Campfire for the best pricing! Whether it be around the table eating turkey or under a tree, opening a box with a new lens and gear can always be great!

The images below were made at a recent Air Show with the Tamron SP 70-200mm Di VC USD lens or the Tamron SP 150-600mm Di VC USD lens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
David, what was your shutter speed to catch the prop blur in the Corsair shot? Nice rebate on the 24-70.
Doug, with most of the planes, 1/60th would give you good blur, but with the Corsair I had to go down to about 1/15th of a second at times. Most of the guys around me who do this stuff all the time said usually between 1/30th to 1/60th. It was a lot like shooting birds in flight really. The jets were as fast a speed as you could get, usually over 1/1000th of a second.
Thanks. I have not been to an airshow since the Confederate Air Force in Harlingen, TX in the early 80's. Hopefully again. Jay Beckman's aviation photography is nice and I see a lot of his images on my facebook feed.
This was my first since about 1990! Those guys who do it often are really good. The keeper/delete ratio is scary but I was pleased.
Exif on the F4u says 1/100. Either way, nice shots. You must be a pretty good wing shot to go that slow and get sharp shots. wink
ChrisF, that is correct it is 1/100th. It isn't a full prop rotation though. In order for the full rotation, it would require about 1/30th or slower. That shot would be a "throw away" if I wanted to submit it for some publication of aviation photography. Fortunately, I don't do anything in that industry! I should have phrased my response above to say "in order to get a full rotation, I had to go to". Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire