Home
Posted By: elkslayer53 Nikon P600/610 - 01/26/16
Anybody have any hands on experience with either of these cameras? I know I'm not going to get DSLR quality pics with them but the 60x zoom sounds like fun, especially for wildlife shots. I know they are making the p900 with 83x zoom but I don't want to spend that much. Thanks.
Posted By: Clayshooter25 Re: Nikon P600/610 - 01/28/16
Hi...

I have traded up higher end "point and shoot" cameras several times over the past few years and presently have the P600. I have found it to be a really great camera. The quality of the photos and relative ease of use make it the best I have had to date.

A couple of notes:

It can create it's own wifi network, so you can both control the camera from a smart device (phone, iPad) or upload photos without needing to connect wires/pull out card. I really like this feature - in particular for using my phone to trigger a photo remotely (so I get in a few pictures) - - and you can see the photo you are about to take in real-time (so you can tell your kid to move in a bit b/c their head is out of the shot, etc.)

Not an issue for me, but the camera doesn't save "raw" photos.

Bottom line is I love the camera and would recommend it. I bought mine on eBay and got a pretty good price (red gets premium $$ - so stick with black).

Shoot me a note if you have any specific questions - I'll do my best to answer.

- - Michael
Posted By: elkslayer53 Re: Nikon P600/610 - 01/28/16
Michael,
Thanks for the reply and and honest review. I have read a ton of reviews online but it sure is nice to hear from someone that actually has the camera. From everything I've read and your review I think I'll pull the trigger on it this week and get it ordered. Been checking around and have found a pretty good deal on one. Thanks again for your response and review.
© 24hourcampfire