Home
Posted By: CoonCreek Tripods? - 06/12/02
I'm looking for a camera tripod that is light and will fit in a daypack without taking up a whole lot of room, any suggestions? Thanks!
<br>
<br>Jeff
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Tripods? - 06/14/02
I use one of the "C" clamp "tripods". You clamp it on to anything solid, and use your timer. You can get in the picture that way as well. Works great for those long exposure, quality shots. E
Posted By: CoonCreek Re: Tripods? - 06/14/02
Eremicus,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that possibility. Do you find these C clamps in photography stores? I might be able to rig something up using a bolt to fit the base of my camera and a clamp from my shop.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>Jeff
Posted By: Muley Stalker Re: Tripods? - 06/15/02
X, I have a Cullmann model 52013 that I like. I used the slik and similar ones for a long time and seemed to find a way to wear one out/break it every year or so. This one is much sturdier, without the added weight.
<br>
<br>Have used it for several seasons now and don't see any reason it won't last many more. The one thing I don't like is it has a screw type release for expanding the legs (don't know how better to describe it). I like the kind that have a latch you flip out and lock down when you have it at a length you want. These are slooooow to set up.
<br>
<br>I saw one that Leupold was selling a couple years ago. Don't know if they still are, but it was REALLY slick. The 3 expandable legs and the center column folded up one beside the other rather than 3 legs clustered around the center column. VERY nice, but they wanted about $180 for it. Haven't seen any around lately.
© 24hourcampfire