Home
Posted By: 1minute Snow shoe hares - 05/26/17
Went off for a week of spring bear hunting. Saw lots of color phase bear, but could not put one on the same mountain I was standing on. Cookie came along to tend camp and chase the snow shoe bunnies through the woods with her cameras. She did much better than I to the tune of about 600+ images.

Still a bit of white on the faces and ears. Typically by this time they're only carrying white feet.

[Linked Image]

Seemed quite tolerant allowing one to get within 10 to 20 ft, but these were taken at distances of about 15 to 20 yds.
[Linked Image]
Have a good one,
Posted By: ihookem Re: Snow shoe hares - 05/26/17
Totally nice pics. What camera and lenz. I want to take better pictures so I am interested. The pics a very clear and can see every hair on the bottom picture.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Snow shoe hares - 05/26/17
Cookie was running around with a Canon EOS 70D which has a crop sensor boosting one lens by about a 1.6 multiplier. Lens was a Canon 500 mm, so it effectively becomes an 800 mm piece of glass. Top image ISO 400, F4, 1/160 sec; bottom image ISO 6400, F4, 1/1600 sec. These are downsized to about 19% of their original size for display on this site. I am amazed every day at what todays lenses can resolve. Looking into eyes and counting whiskers makes for some great quality.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Snow shoe hares - 05/26/17
At ISO @ 6400 I am amazed at the quality.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Snow shoe hares - 06/04/17
Always enjoy your photos. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Snow shoe hares - 06/04/17
Look at those feet :), great pictures
© 24hourcampfire