Home
Went up to our SE Oregon Steens Mts mainly for me to get in some long overdue fishing. Cookie held down the fort and harassed the campsite wildlife with her camera.

These guys are especially difficult, as they rarely range out of cover (Yellow Warbler).
[Linked Image]

A hummer, but I've no idea as to species. All knowing please chime in.
[Linked Image]

and a hummingbird moth. She spent hours waiting for one of these to make an appearance. The first was nailed by a robin before she could get to the shutter. They're about the same size, sound the same, and exhibit the same behavior as hummingbirds.
[Linked Image]

Good times, and it was about 25 degrees cooler at 8,500 ft than the heat wave (mid-90's) down at the house (4,500 ft).

Have a good one,
Awesome pics
That moth is cool.
Thanks for posting! That moth is super cool.
Great pics as usual,but I got to ask..

No fish pics??
[Linked Image]
They ranged from about 10 to 24 inches. Smaller were brook trout and the larger rainbows.
Looks like a blast...
With the Nikon d7200?
Sorry, but it was a Canon EOS 70 D and a Canon 500 mm 4.6
Oh ya. The new one cause the old one was in the accident. There seems to be little difference between full frame and crop frames now days. Those are some very sharp pictures. I have seen some pics from a Nilon d7200 and they were very sharp. Still might get a full frame though.
Seems we were 1 month too late to get her old 50 D repaired. Canon stopped servicing those on June 30.
Photos are a terrific comparison 1minute. It's been awhile since I've seen the hummingbird moth here in Northeast MN - pretty amazing creature, you would swear it is a hummingbird, but then no, it is a moth - nature! thanks for the post/pics.
Very nice, 1min.
© 24hourcampfire