Posting these pix for Poconojack.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ihookem Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/29/17
What camera?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
iPhone 6s
Posted By: ihookem Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
Makes me wonder if I really do need that full frame Cannon ads mark 111 . I am looking at one with a 24-105 prime lens and it will set me back $1,500 . Not so sure its worth it.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
I would buy the Canon. Much better images than a pencil eraser sized lens on a phone.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
The iphone/android cameras are great for close pictures and when lighting is very good. I am a Canon (7DMKII) fan and own some great lens but have found myself using the Galaxy 8 a lot more lately for the close stuff due to image quality and convenience. No reason Lightroom (or similar) cannot be used to edit photos for the cell camera just like the DSLRs.

ihookem, where do I find a 24-105 prime lens? :-)
Posted By: ihookem Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
On Amazon. 24-105 L lens . There is the L ones for $500 or so and the L 11 for about $800. I think they call them the " prime lens" . Still want that Cannon ads Mark 111 though. One thing I can say is the colors are bright on the flowers.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Monarchs by Poconojack - 09/30/17
Spent four days on the farm in Chenango County, NY this past week and saw hundreds of Monarchs fluttering around and feeding on Aster and Goldenrod nectar to fuel their 2,500 mile migration to Mexico. Also very interesting that Monarchs follow many of the same migratory routes as the raptors. Individuals in the counting pits at Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, which is located along the Appalachian Flyway in eastern PA, also record the number of Monarchs observed riding the thermals on their migration to Mexico.

Thanks again Marty.
© 24hourcampfire