Home
Posted By: MAKAIRA 7d markii - 12/19/17
Looking too upgrade and looking at the 7d markii from a 60d.Primarly use a 100-400 for bif and marine life- run whale watching boats.
Is it worth the extra $$ with this in mind.Have a line on a like new body for around $900.
What do you think?
Thanks
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: 7d markii - 12/19/17
Do it. A couple years ago I upgraded from the 70D to the 7DII. The 7DII is much better than the 70D for the action stuff (sports, BIF, etc). I did initially really miss the touch screen on the 70D but was soon able to navigate quickly.
Posted By: MAKAIRA Re: 7d markii - 12/19/17
Cool- looks like $750 with a 18-135 lens.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: 7d markii - 12/21/17
You found a new (refurbished?) 7DII and lens for $750??????
Posted By: CameraLand Re: 7d markii - 12/21/17
At that price it's a great deal. As always we are here to help out forum members, but if the camera is in good shape, run, don't walk. Just do it
Posted By: MAKAIRA Re: 7d markii - 12/22/17
Thanks - I grabbed it!Should be perfect for BIF and on the whale watching boats I run.
Now time to sell the 60d.
Posted By: geedubya Re: 7d markii - 12/24/17
I bought mine new for $1,950, body only IIRC and have never looked back. You will luv it. I stepped up from a T2i and bought the 24-70 F2.8, the 70-200 F2.8 and the original Tamron 150-600 being my workhorse lenses.

[Linked Image]

150-600 Tamron, Servo, evaluative metering.

[Linked Image]

spot metering

[Linked Image]

I very much enjoy having both an SD card and a SanDisc. RAW on one card, JPEG on another.

I'm not a video fanatic, but the tracking is great.

I'll probably do a 5dMk4 in the future as I want a full frame camera, but for the price you mentioned IMHO, one can't go wrong. Especially if you pair it with good glass.

ya!

GWB

Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: 7d markii - 12/24/17
nice shots, I just started and bought a used 40D ...........keep on posting photos Merry C and Happy NY
Posted By: geedubya Re: 7d markii - 12/25/17
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
nice shots, I just started and bought a used 40D ...........keep on posting photos Merry C and Happy NY

no problem there......

all JPEG's straight out of the camera...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Posted By: MAKAIRA Re: 7d markii - 01/01/18
Nice shots!Now I need and sell the 60D body.
© 24hourcampfire